~~79: TNX Hwi - Yeah, we are~~

⚠️TW: MENTION/STORY OF DIVORCED PARENTS⚠️

It was Tuesday morning and also your three-week anniversary with your new boyfriend, Hwi. You two were kinda close to begin with, and you've had a crush on him for as long as you could remember, and turns out he did too so, here you are. The only problem with that is, your twin sister, Iris, did too. She was always such a try-hard with Hwi, always flirted and tried to make him notice her. She was just such a pick me, you genuinly hated her.
You see, your parents divorced when you both were only one, and your dad took you while your mum took Iris. And because your mum was fit for anything but the title of a mum, Iris was raised horribly. And your dad, he's always wanted a child so he treasured you, taught you very well, and raises you exquisitely. And you never really went to visit your mother either, you didn't really want to and fairly she didn't want to see you either because she wasn't mother material and she was aware of that too. And Iris never met your father either 'cause your mother never let her.
Your parents literally never met after their divorce, maybe coincidentally ran into eachother on the streets sometimes but never intentionally. You and Iris however, go to the same school, so you have to suffer seeing her face everyday. She's a wannabe, pick-me snob.
Sorry not sorry. That's just what you thought.
And the fact you two both had a crush on the same boy didn't make things any better. She told you AND Hwi himself that she was prettier, funnier, smarter, better overall, but, well, guess that changed when Hwi confessed to you because those are some of the exact words he told you that you were. So guess who's laughing now?

What makes it interesting is that your form rooms are right next to eachother. It was in the order: you, Hwi, Iris.
You constantly rolled your eyes at her one day and you thought your eyes would get stuck like that on repeat.

Anywho, it was 8:19 and form time was at 8:45, so you were a bit early which was just perfect to talk to your boyfriend, walk round a bit. You walked into the packed corridor of your year group's form block and went to the spot where Hwi usually is in the mornings. You spotted him there with two of his friends, Taehun and Junhyeok, and you went over.

"Hey guys" you said as you made it to them.
"Hey y/n" they said back to you while Hwi put his arm around you and kissed your cheek.
You four were just starting to have a conversation when Sungjun came sprinting in saying "you guys know what today is right?"

Taehun and Junhyeok looked at eachother confused whereas you and Hwi looked at eachother with mischievous smiles. Looks like you both were trying to see if the other remembered your three-week anniversary.

"Tuesday?" Junhyeok asked like it wasn't obvious or something.
"Ugh, nooo, it's y/n noona and Hwi hyung's three-week anniversary!! Even I remember that!" Sungjun said to them.
They both kinda chuckled and congratulated us even though three weeks is not really that significant.
"Wanna go to town after school? As a lil' date for our 'three-week anniversary'?" he asked you in a low voice as to not interrupt what his friends were talking about.
"Yeesss, let's meet by the gate after school then."
"Alright." he smiled.

Anyways, fifteen-ish minutes passed by and the bell rang, meaning you had to head to your form rooms, so you, Hwi, and Junhyeok headed to your form rooms, Taehun headed to his, and Sungjun headed to his. You were going the other way so Hwi gave you a kiss on the forehead and said "see you both at the table at break" and entered his form room. You and Junhyeok were in the same form so you took like three extra steps and entered your own form room.
Upon entering your form room, your sister was going into her's and you grimaced at eachother in the process.

Finally, four hours later, lunchtime came by and you were with two of your friends, Abi and Ivy, chatting while having lunch. Meanwhile, Hwi was getting something from his locker which was about ten metres away from you guys, when Iris approached him.
"What is it now Iris?" he asked, just tired as hell from her.
"You know, you should really be my boyfriend Hwi, we'd make a perfect match."
"In your drea-" Hwi began, but got interrupted by a certain someone.
"Over my dead body" it was you, rolling your eyes, as per usual. Hwi smiled, humoured and also proud. You just so happened to be throwing some rubbish in the bin which was rather close to them and you heard their conversation.

"What are you doing here, y/n?" Iris asked you as Hwi put his arm around you and you leaned into him as he was leaned against his now closed locker, facing Iris.
"What do you think?" you asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Uh, tryna make me jealous, which isn't gonna work by the way, because Hwi clearly likes me, not you, so.." she said in her annoying, high-pitched voice which made you want to rip your ears off.

"We're dating, you twit." you sniggered at her.
"Ha ha, funny prank. So Hwi, your answer's yes, right?" she asked him with a cringeass smile that you never want to see again in your lifetime.
Hwi cleared his throat and awkwardly laughed then said "we- we are actually dating".
"Uh- what? No you're not. Prove it!" she said, flabbergasted.

Oh how much you loved to see it.

"Aight" you said. Then Hwi grabbed your chin and lifted it up a bit in order to place a proper kiss on your lips for Iris to see very clearly, just to shove it in her ugly face.
"Wh- what?!"
"You stole him from me, I had my eyes on him first! You, you slag. You're gonna regret it."
"Don't call me a slag" you firmly said to her as your grabbed her wrist to prevent her walking away.
"Call her a slag one more time and you can witness us making out next time." Hwi said through firey eyes and gritted teeth. He snapped as soon as Iris had the audacity to call you a slag.
"And I never stole him. He just happened to like me, not you, that's not my fault. And why should I regret it? 'Cause who the fuck are you, your majesty?" you taught your sister a lesson as you rolled your eyes and walked off with Hwi. You intertwined your hand with the hand that was around your shoulder and looked at eachother with love while Iris was there being Iris.

You two loved eachother, and Iris was the last person you two were gonna let fuck up your relationship.

word count: 1190