~~87: ENHYPEN Ni-Ki - Me~~

"I had a lot of fun y/n. Do you wanna meet up again tomorrow?" your boyfriend said as you were about to walk him out of your house after a fun movie night with him.
"Yeah, sure." you smiled "I'll go round yours this time." you said.
"Alright, cool. Well then, see you tomorrow." you said, smiling and giving him a hug as he returned both, and then left, not forgetting to glance back and wave with a little wink.

You shut the door and your smile was replaced with a look of guilt. Guilt from the fact you were afraid your relationship with him isn't going as you'd hoped. You started off as close friends who really liked eachother, so you both found out a month ago and gave dating a shot, thinking it would properly work out, but now you're in it, you've realised that you two are probably better off as friends because as much as you feel a spark, it's not big enough to hold a relationship between you two, but it is big enough to hold a good friendship, in your opinion atleast. And you feel so bad because you're dreading telling him and you like being with him, but it has to happen eventually. And you really loved him, that's the thing, so it was just such a shame.

the next day~~

You'd arrived at Ni-Ki's place several hours ago and it was getting late so you thought it was wise to leave then.
As you exited the front door and he walked you to the gate, you stopped and turned to face him. You weren't gonna keep your opinion from him for any longer. You had to tell him.
"Ni-Ki, before I go, I have something to tell you. I hope you don't get mad or hate me after this, but I have to tell you because keeping it from you wouldn't be honest."

He crossed his arms and showed he was listening. He had his hood up as rain started drizzling down ever so slightly.

"Look, I love you lots, and I loved that we gave dating a go, but I think it's just a bit of a jump for us. I personally don't feel a big enough spark between us for this 'boyfriend and girlfriend' title."
"What? So you're breaking up with me?" he asked, upset.
"I know, I wish it didn't have to come to this, I truly do, I feel so guilty, but I'm so sorry Ni-Ki. I loved being with you, but I felt it had to end one day." you said.
"Seriously?" he asked, his voice fading.
You nodded guiltily.

"Listen y/n, I love you too, and you can love or hate me as much as you want, but I know that at the end of day it's me who's on your mind. No offence, I don't mean to seem coercive in any way. But I know damn well that that spark you felt is no less than the spark that I felt. And I can tell you I surely felt something going on, and I didn't see anything wrong with out relationship. But don't be sorry, it is what it is. Back to being friends, I'm cool with that." he shrugged his shoulders, clearly upset.
"Riki-"
"Good night y/n, see you on Monday." he said, turning around and leaving you there with your own thoughts.

No matter how arrogant or bitchy that was, he was right. It was the arrogance and bitchiness to slap you across the face and make you realise that was probably a mistake.

So you opened the gate and made your way home in the now heavy rain, deep in your thoughts. The guilt was replaced with regret.

Monday~~

You arrived to class and saw Riki talking to one of your really pretty female classmates, almost in a flirtatious way. You had broken up with him, but jealously stung you.

Karma's a bitch, I guess.

You saw him glance at you as you entered the class and you walked over to your seat where you sat next to one of your best friends, Eunchae, who immediately spotted something was wrong. After you told her she came to the conclusion that you absolutely must talk to him.
"But what if he doesn't wanna talk?"
"If he really does accept the fact that you wanna be friends then he'll let you." she reassured you.
"By the looks of it, he probably already likes Quinn more anyways."
"Ugh, please, it's so obvious that he's only chatting to her right now to get his mind off you 'cause he can't stop thinking about you." Eunchae, who had perfect view of Ni-Ki leaning against the wall talking to that other girl in your class, told you.
"Ya sure 'cause-"
The bell signaling the start of form time cut you off from complaining anymore so you faced the front as your form tutor began taking the register.
"Talk to him" was the last thing Eunchae told you as she nudged you and gave you a reassuring look before also facing the front.