~~100: &TEAM Taki - I Wasn't Asking (Werewolf AU)~~

y/n's POV
"Lie down here Harua, it's okay, were home." Fuma softly says to Harua who is in agonising pain as all ten of us were rushing into our base after going out looking for a gas that can repel hydras, and we snuck into a witch's cottage but she got Harua bad.

"Get some cold water and as many ice packs as you can, NOW." K yelled to anyone who was willing to do the task, since Harua was put under a spell that burns him internally, and two of werewolves' most fatal weaknesses are magic and fire. So them two put together, as you can imagine, isn't comforting.
"We need to get the cure for this as soon as possible." Yuma says as everyone's panicking.
"What's the cure? Is there even one?" Maki asks.
"Isn't it the chinvat lake water? The one that heals dark magic and immunises werewolves to pain for a day after consumed?" Jo put up.
We all looked at him in gratitude and half of us engulfed him as to say thank you so much.

But I was pissed, because no one lays a finger on my brother. Anyone who does that won't be seeing tomorrow. This cunt of a witch is lucky I was elsewhere looking for this hydra repellant.

"I'm going now. Shouldn't take me half a day." I said as I rushed to grab everything I needed such as a vile to put the water in, sono dust for any incidents, etc.

"y/n, are you sure? It could be dangerous, we don't want-" Euijoo began, but I cut him off.
"Do you want Harua to die? 'Cause I sure as hell would like my brother alive. Where was this witch's cottage? Maybe I can pay her a friendly visit if I have time left. How long did she say he has again?"
"A day. She was in the outskirts of the woods up north near a long vine of honeysuckles." Nicholas said to me while holding up two ice packs to Harua's stomach.
"But y/n, don't waste your time, for one you'd just be taking more time off Harua, and it's not worth it anyway." Yuma said to me.
"Fine, I guess you're right. Maybe another time if I ever happen to accidentally bump into her sorry ass." I said.

Just as I was about to finish packing up my stuff, I heard Taki say "I'm coming with you."

I paused and stared at him. "Taki, I love you and no offence, but I just want to get this done as soon as possible on my own." I said, still cranky.
"I wasn't asking for your permission." he said, leaving all of us in shock, and for me, defeat aswell. This isn't the usual Taki, but I'll take it I guess.
To be fair, his sense of smell is fantastic so he'll probably be of good help. And we have good chemistry so we'll probably know what the other's thinking. Maybe not going alone won't be so bad.

Soon as we were ready, I walked up to my brother and in a soft voice, told him "I'll be back as fast as I can with your cure, Rua. You'll be just fine within the next couple hours, just hold on a bit for me and Taki. Don't be scared okay?" I said, low-key teary eyed and kissed his forehead before waving everyone else goodbye as they all wished Taki and I luck.

On our journey, we encountered several obstacles, but none as dangerous as the cave we'd come across three quarters of the way there.
"I'll check, you stay out here and I'll let you know if it's safe or not." I told Taki.
"I won't let you go in there alone y/n."
"I wasn't asking for your permission." I told him and went in without anymore words. Déjà vu?

I checked and despite it being dark, there was nothing there, so I alerted Taki.
"Taki, you can come, it's empty."

So we went in together and then I felt Taki grab my arm and stop.
"Taki what is it?"
"There's something here. I can smell it. It smells revolting." he covered his nose and snatched the glow worms out my hand and looked around to see what was there. But...

"Taki..." I said in a shaky voice.
He slowly turned around and his eyes widened.

It was a colossal, scaly, fire-breathing menace.