~~82: SEVENTEEN Hoshi - Soulmate~~

Flashback; 19 Years Ago:
y/n and Hoshi, a quite literally inseparable pair of best friends were casually playing together on the playground.

"Hoshi, Hoshi! Let's play hide and seek!" little you said to your best friend Soonyoung. The name 'Hoshi', made by you at a young age by the way, is the first syllables of the words '호랑이 시선 (horangi shiseon)'. You gave him this name because he looks like a tiger and therefore has the gaze of one too, which you've always found adorable. As a bonus, 星 (hoshi) in Japanese means star, and he was always the star in your life.
Yes, it seems you were a pretty smart five year old.

"Okay! I'll count first, you go hide!" he said cheerfully.
And then you started running around to find somewhere around the playground to hide as you heard him loudly counting down from ten.
Eventually you found a hiding spot and hid there while spying on Hoshi, making sure he doesn't come your way.
"Oh Kido, where are you Kido~?" he called out to you, checking everywhere but your hiding spot so far.

The nickname 'Kido' also ironically derived from a Japanese word which means brightness, and he gave you this nickname because he said you were the brightness in his life, and he has also always LOVED babying you even though he was only five days older than you, so 'Kido' was a perfect nickname because it sounds a lot like 'kiddo'.

You may be wondering, how did five year olds know Japanese? Your mum's half Japanese, and you two just asked her.

Given how close you were with eachother, you two always believed you were soulmates. Your mother taught you what that was at a young age, so you thought that's exactly what you and Hoshi were.

Anyways, Hoshi eventually found you under the slide, and then you kept playing for a few more rounds.
It was your turn again at this point, and you started counting.

"10!" and you ran off to try find Hoshi.

You looked everywhere, even outside the playground but funnily enough, he was nowhere to be seen, literally. This is when you started to panic as you thought Hoshi had disappeared, so you told your mum and his mum who were sitting together on a bench and they both loudly yelled Hoshi's name.

Nothing.

"No more games now Soonyoung, time to come out! Right now!" his mum said firmly.
"Why don't you go look around one more time darling?" his mum asked you, so that's what you did, but still no luck.

"You should've been more careful when playing a game like this, and now because of you, my son's gone." his mum started getting mad and raising her voice at you, but your mum blocked you and raised her voice at Hoshi's mum.
"I beg your pardon? I was watching my kid just as I was expecting you to watch your own! It is not y/n's fault that Soonyoung is gone. If anything it's yours." your mum said to her.
"No, she should've been the one looking for him! I'm not gonna stand here and argue anymore. It's really a shame because I thought you were nice people. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm calling the police to go find my son."

And after that, neither of you ever spoke or saw either of them ever again.

~end of flashback

Present day; y/n's POV
It was a warm Thursday afternoon and I decided to take myself shopping at the town centre to I guess, take myself in a little date. It's nice every once and a while, am I right?

Anyways, I'd been to countless shops by the two hour mark, and now it was time to go into the newest one that I hadn't been in before, but by the looks of it, it looked pretty good, just my style.

As I entered the shop, I saw a top that really caught my eye from the design, not so much the colour. So I asked a worker if they had it in a different colour.
"Excuse me, do you happen to have this top in any other colours?" I asked the kind-looking worker.
"Yes, we should do. What size do you need?" he asked, and I told him my size and then he said "please wait here, I'll be right back." and scurried off somewhere while I checked out some of the other clothes in that area.

He eventually came back with three other colours in my size. The one I first saw was pink, he brought me a white, blue, and red one. I really liked the white one, so I began to grab it from him but paused and furrowed my brows ever so slightly, inspecting his features.
"I'll take thi-"
He looked... oddly familiar, yet not so much??

"Uh, m- miss?"
And then I snapped out of my thoughts and actually grabbed the white top from him.
"I- I'm so sorry, my apologies, thank you, um- I'll try this on." I panicked and speed-walked to the changing rooms.

y/n, what the fuck?!

He definitely thinks I'm some sort of creep now!

Anyways, I tried the top on, and wow, it was just perfect. I immediately knew I was gonna buy it so I changed back to my original clothes and went to the counter to pay. Funnily enough, the worker from earlier was the one there. Perfect, just perfect. Couldn't be any worse.
"Thank you for your help by the way." I said to him. So he smiled with his teeth which turned his eyes into little crescents, and that's when I just knew.

"It really is you..." I said.
"E- excuse me?" he questioned.
"Hoshi" my eyes teared up as his face softened and he said "it can't be. Kido?"

I nodded and threw myself into his arms, spine-crushingly hugging for atleast half a minute while leaving wet stains on eachother's shoulders.
"I can't believe it's you." he said. I cupped his face and told him just above a whisper "I thought you were gone".
"Haven't I told you, I'm not dying as long as you're in my life." he reminded me of what he always told me as a kid, unlocking several memories from the past, along with my tear duct.
"I'm so sorry Hoshi, I never should've-"
"Sshhh, it's not your fault, it's not your fault whatsoever. It's mine." he stroked my hair soothingly.
"But I don't understand, I thought you were-"
"Kidnapped? Yeah, I hid round the back of the playground and some dude who told me he'll get me ice cream if I hop into his truck found me there, so seven year old me obviously couldn't say no. But I was incredibly lucky because my mum called the police in the nick of time, and also that kidnapper was pretty stupid now looking back at it. So I am lucky to be here. All that aside, do you have any idea how long I've been trying to find you? I was devastated when my mum told me we were moving out of town, because I didn't wanna leave you. I didn't speak to her for like a week, I swear." he told me with a shaky voice, now cupping my face.
"Me too, Hoshi." you said back "but I am so glad you're alive, oh my God. You have no idea how good this relief just felt, taking off nineteen years of guilt and stress off my shoulders" I said, letting my head fall onto his chest.
"I missed you so much Kido. Promise to never leave me again." he asked of me.
"I won't Hoshi, I promise, I love you." I said and then sniffled.
"I promise too, and I love you too."

Before we could say anything else, we heard a voice yell from afar "Kwon Soonyoung, back to work!"
It was presumably Hoshi's boss, so he gave me that look and then went back behind the counter to finish off my top that I still had to pay for.
Once he handed me the bag with my brand new top in it, he leaned over the counter and whispered in my ear "I get off at 5:30. Meet me Infront of the shop, okay?"
And I nodded, then left the store, not forgetting to flash him a smile as he sent me a cute little wink to see me giggle, which indeed worked.

Wow, I cannot believe I've found him. And it's really him! My life's changed. I know that sounds dramatic but, it's true. I'm reunited with my soulmate again.

word count: 1456