~~41: ATEEZ Seonghwa - I'm Here~~

⚠️TW: mention of death, severe fear, PTSD⚠️

Here you are, covering your ears as tears rolled down your face all while the sky was rumbling outside and you could still hear the vast drops of rain splattering against your windows no matter how hard you tried to cover your ears. 

It hasn't been this bad in quite long, the rain. But today it decided to go wild, which leaves you balling your eyes out, screaming, crumpled up in a ball on the sofa.

You eventually fell asleep even with the rain still going on just the same, only because it was 2am and you got tired.

"I don't think it's getting any better. Although last night I fell asleep while it was still raining but I think that was just because I was super tired, but I don't know." you said to your therapist the next day.
"Okay. And what exactly happened last night?" she calmly asked, taking a sip of her tea.
"I was endlessly crying like crazy, screaming, shutting my eyes, covering my ears, rocking about on the sofa and eventually crumpling up into a ball in the corner of the sofa and then I fell asleep." you explained.

"Oh, you poor thing. And how do you feel now?"
"I feel fine now. Honestly I just wanna know how to cope with this." you said.
"Have you tried talking to someone, or finding something to fidget with like a stress ball or even like just the hem of your shirt, or maybe occupying yourself by doing something like listening to music or watching a movie?"
"Well, I can't get to doing any of those things because I try to hear the rain as less as possible because the more I hear it the worse it gets. Besides, all my closest friends who know about this issue moved far away to pursue their dreams and I do have friends left but none of which I feel comfortable enough to tell. And I lost my entire family in that terrorist attack. I was the only one who escaped. However I do go visit my distant family sometimes. But that's just sometimes. And the man who saved me is now really old so he's helpless and I also don't know where he is now, although I wish I did so I could help him and repay him for his actions." you told her.

"Then maybe you could have something always on you, like headphones and your phone for example. Then as soon as the rain starts you put the headphones in and turn on some music to cancel out the rain and shut your eyes so you don't see it." she suggested.
"Okay, maybe I can try that. Thanks a lot. See you next time then." you said to your therapist as you got up from the sofa and walked out of the room.
"My pleasure y/n, bye for now." she said.

On the walk back home, you decided to stop by at your favourite cafe to get a nice warm latte.
Once you placed your order, you headed to your usual spot where you sit, but you were taken aback when you say a boy sitting there. A very, very handsome boy at that. His features were sharp and he had a lot of charisma. His clothes were also very stylish. He had an iced americano and an empty plate with only crumbs left on it Infront of him on the table as he was reading a book.

Just then, he looked up and saw you in shock while looking at him.
"Oh- are you wanting to sit here? I was just leavi-" he said as he shut his book.
"No, no you can stay there, it's fine, I can go sit somewhere else." you said to him.
"No honestly, all the other seats are full.."
"But you haven't even finished your coffee yet.."

"In that case, why don't you join me?" he asked with a charming smile, making your heart flutter.
"Sure" you gladly accepted.
"I'm Seonghwa, Park Seonghwa." he said, holding out his hand for you to shake as you both sat down.
"y/l/n y/n. Nice to meet you." you said, shaking his hand.
"Nice to meet you." he said in return.

And that's where your friendship started. You exchanged numbers in the end after having a long conversation. You noticed that your vibes match very well. Turned out he was new in the area, just moved in after graduating from university. You met up a couple more times at the café until one day, a few months into your friendship, you decided to invite him over to his house since it was really cold out and you thought it would be nice. He agreed to it so you gave him your address and it turned out he didn't even live that far from you.