~~92: &TEAM Maki - Girly~~

y/n's POV
I was sat at my favourite café, studying within it's calming atmosphere and calming background noises.
I had a test coming up in college in a month's time which I couldn't fail otherwise I was completely fucked, so I was studying quite hard.
After atleast forty minutes of straight up writing, I put my pen down and took a sip of my coffee, and then when I went to pick my pen up, if wasn't there, so I looked to my right, and saw a cute guy holding it. He was also studying.

"Sorry about that."
"Don't worry about it." he said with a handsome smile, reaching out his arm to hand me the pen back. "thanks." I said, just above a whisper, taking my pen.
"You're studying too? What for?" he asked.
"My third written drama exam. It's one of those tests that if I fail, I'm screwed."
"You're an actor, that's so cool!" he said, intrigued.
"Thanks." I shyly responded. "What are you studying for?" I asked him too.
"Singing theory."
"Oh wow, that's really cool." I said.

"What's your name?" I boldly asked, not even knowing what was going on because I'm not the type to usually ask these questions first.
"You can just call me Maki. What about you, girly?" he asked, making me giggle.
"y/n."
"That's pretty."
"Thank you. Not to be nosy, but the fact you said 'you can just call me Maki' gives me the impression that Maki isn't your actual name." I said to him.
"Yeah, it isn't, but that's not important." he brushed it off, almost looking uncomfortable which immediately made me feel bad. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have even asked, I'm so nosy-"
"Honestly it's fine~"

"Alright. Where are you from?" so we chit chatted for atleast two hours, getting along as if we've known eachother for months, completely forgetting about our studying. Well, that is until Maki brought it up. "Shit, we both forgot about studying."
"Oh shit, yeah. We'll continue the conversation later." I said, making us both laugh, and then get back to studying for another hour to hour and a half.

It was around 3:30pm when Maki left to go pick up his little sister from school. Before he left, he let out a little 'oh!' and began writing something on a small piece of paper.
"Here ya go. Text me so we can finish that conversation." he said with a bright smile, making me blush in an instant.
He can't be serious.

Ah, this dude.

I slipped the piece of paper into my pocket and studied for a little longer, heading home just before 4pm.

Once I got home I plopped on my bed and typed Maki's number into my phone, sending him a 'hey, it's y/n' text.

To my surprise, he immediately read the message and replied with 'oh hi girly'.

"Aish, what is his obsession with constantly calling me 'girly'?" I smiled to myself.

We talked until nearly 6pm, when my mum called me down for dinner so unfortunately I had to say goodbye to Maki.

four months later~

"Aw you suck at this game!"
"I suck? Sorry, who's the one who lost three times in a row?"
Maki and I were bickering while playing Mario Kart at my place.

"YES! I WON! HAH, IN YOUR FACE! You owe me a chocolate bar." I said to him in victory.
"I went easy on you."
"Please."
"Also, I never agreed to that, I don't owe you shit." he laughed.

"y/n, can you help me with my maths homework?" I heard my menace of an 11-year-old little sister coming down the stairs.
"I'm kinda busy right now, Maia." I said to her, but judging by what she said after that, she stopped giving a fuck about my entire presence.
"Oh, Maki, I didn't know you were coming round." she said as I facepalmed, knowing full well she was head over heals for him.
"Maki isn't your real name, is it? What is it?" she asked Maki.

"Maia! What have I told you about invading other people's personal business? Now get lost." I scolded her.
"Come on, I can keep a secret." she said, completely shitting on the fact I was speaking to her.
"No she fucking can't." I almost laughed at how fat of a lie that was just now.