~~62: Kang Daniel - My My~~

y/n's POV
I decided to go back to the town where I used to go to school, which isn't far from where I live, just to take a trip down memory lane and kind of take myself on a date, I guess if that's what you wanna call it.

I've been walking around for two hours now, even talked to some people that I haven't seen in years, saw the place where we always got chips after school every Friday, the park we always went to. It's all bringing back so many memories.
But I've been walking for quite some time now so I think it's time to take a break. There's some new café that definitely wasn't here when I went to school here, I know for a fact because there used to be a corner shop here but I guess they replaced it which is kinda sad 'cause the owner was a really nice guy.
But anyways, let's try this café, shall we?

I walked in and there was only a small queue and you could already see from outside, but the place was packed. There were people studying, working, chilling, you name it. The atmosphere was very nice though.

I got in the queue and had a look at what drinks they had, and in the end I decided to go with a matcha latte and also a slice of carrot cake because it looked too good, I couldn't resist.
So I placed the order then proceeded to go find a table, and as I was searching I heard a male voice from my left saying "my my..." I looked over and saw a strangely familiar face.
"if it isn't Seo y/n..." the guy said.

I tried to work out what exactly was even going on, then I clocked.

"Oh my God, it can't be, Kang Daniel..."

He was always my partner in every class, it was like teachers deliberately put us next to eachother in nearly every lesson that we had together, and we became really close but lost touch for some reason after high school. We just never got eachother's numbers and, yeah.
He sprang up from his seat and threw himself at me in a spine-crushing hug which I gladly returned despite it being a little bit hard to breathe. We stayed like that for a moment then pulled apart and just started at eachother for a second and took in eachother's features & presence and all that.

"Is it really you?" Daniel asked.
"Yeah, it is, Daniel" I said and then we hugged one more time before sitting down.
"You've changed so much, Daniel, you look so handsome!" I told him.
"Aw thanks! You still look as gorgeous as ever y/n/n."
It was the nickname he always used for me, he made it up and he was the only one that ever used it.
"Stop, you're gonna make me cry" I said upon hearing the nickname I hadn't heard in years.
"Nooo, don't cry" he said back, knowing exactly what I was talking about.

"Wah, but seriously, how long's it been? seven years? eight?" I said.
"My God, tell me about it. It's so good to see you, honestly. It broke my heart when I realised we'd never be seeing eachother again." he said.
"Yeah and it was literally as simple as exchanging numbers but we never did that." I said.
"I know right?!"

"So how've you been? What's been going on?" I asked him.
"I've been awesome, thanks. I've been making music, and it's been quite successful. I moved out of my parents house obviously to go to uni which was like three hours away by train. But I can drive now and I finished uni three and a half years ago now so.. yeah. And I live with my friend, Jace, who I met in uni."
"Wow, the fact you're making music is amazing, your gonna have to show me one day." I reacted.
"Of course. And what about you, what's been going on?" he asked me.
"Well I also moved out and went to uni which was two to three hours by train and I finished four years ago with a degree in performing arts. And now I live with Sakura just like half an hour from here. And I'm now a dance instructor and I also act every now and then." I informed him.
"Oh my God, I remember Sakura! It's so wholesome to hear that you two are still friends, I was not expecting that! You two are some true friends right there. But what you do is awesome, y/n." he said to me.
"Thanks." I smiled.
"Oh, and do you remember me constantly talking about wanting to ride a motorbike when I'm older?" I asked.
"Uh huh. Wait- no way-" he realised.
"Uh huuuhhh" I said to him with a smile.
"Woooww y/n! That's so cool! Can you show me your bike when we leave?" he asked.
"Yeah of course. I can give you a ride one day if you'd like."
"Hell yeah!"
We both giggled.

"Okay ya know what, before either of us forget, we should exchange numbers before leaving and then repeating these past seven years all over again." he said, making a fair point, so I pulled out my phone, him aswell, and we quickly exchanged numbers.

Then my drink and cake arrived so I tried the drink and it was way better than I'd imagined. And with the carrot cake, likewise. They were both to die for, seriously.

"We gotta start hanging out now that we're finally in touch again." I said to him.
"Yeah, that's not even a question, like, duh." he said, sipping on his drink.
"I was actually debating on whether I should come here today or tomorrow and if I hadn't of made the choice of coming today then we wouldn't of even seen eachother." I told him.
"Thank you for making that choice y/n" he said, making us both laugh.
"It's like fate" I said, and Daniel agreed.

The next hour flew by infront of us like it was nothing, but we spent it chatting away non-stop and laughing at eachother's funny stories.

"Okay I should get going now. But uh, are you free this weekend?" I asked Daniel as I packed up my stuff.
"Yeah, I'm literally not doing anything. Wanna meet up on Saturday?" he asked.
"Yeah sure! Should we do around eleven o'clock?" I suggested.
"Yeah that sounds good to me" he said, smiling and then also standing up.
"Great, I'll text you, yeah?" I said as we were walking out together.
"Alright." he said, holding the door open for me. What a gentlemen.
"Aaand here she is." I said as I took him to my motorbike.
"Wow, it looks so cool. It's honestly so sick that you ride a motorbike." he admired.
"Thanks, haha."

"Well, see you soon Daniel, it was so great to see you, finally." I said to him and then pulled him in for a hug.
"It was awesome to see you too y/n/n" he said as we pulled away. "bye!"
"Byeee!" I waved and then the two of us headed our own ways.

Was this even real?
Can't believe I got to see him again.

word count: 1228