~~57: &TEAM Julyz - The Moon is Beautiful~~

"Hey JoJo, we should go stargazing tonight, don't you think? Since all the other members have plans I thought it'd be a good idea." Nicholas asked one of his best friends as he jumped on the sofa next to him while he was drawing.
"Careful! You almost made me mess up." Jo said to Nicholas.
"Oh sorry!" Nicholas tried to take a peek at the drawing but Jo turned it away so Nicholas gave him a confused look and asked "why am I not allowed to see it?"
"It's a secret. You'll see it when it's done."
"Fine." Nicholas said, sitting back down.

"But yeah, I'd love to go stargazing tonight. It would be a nice opportunity to relax after all this work lately. And it's a nice way to spend the one night we have off right now." Jo said to him while focusing intently on his drawing.
"Right?" Nicholas agreed.
"Jo-kun, Nicholas-kun, what you two up to?" Yuma asked as jumped on the sofa on the other side of Jo.
"YUMA!" Jo yelled.
"OH GOSH, SORRY" Yuma said to Jo.
"You should be glad this part doesn't have to be perfect." Jo said, going back to his drawing.

Yuma also tried to take a peek at Jo's drawing and to Nicholas' surprise, Jo let Yuma see what he was drawing.
Yuma gasped upon seeing the close-to-finished drawing and said "wah Jo-kun, that's so good!"
"Thanks! Just don't say anything though, 'cause it's a secret." Jo said to Yuma.
"He doesn't know?" Yuma asked, and Jo shook his head as a response.

"I wonder what it is." Nicholas said.
"It should be done soon." Jo said to them.
"Can't wait." Yuma said.
"Yeah, me too." Nicholas agreed.

"Yuma-kun, we should start getting ready to go to the escape room, it's in three hours and we said we'd have dinner somewhere before that." Harua said to Yuma.
"Oh okay, I'll start getting ready then."

An hour passed and everyone had left the house by then which left only Nicholas and Jo.
"Hm, It's not dark yet. But we might wanna get going 'cause it might get dark by the time we get there. Ooh, and we can have dinner before that!" Nicholas said with excitement on his voice.
"Sounds like a plan" Jo said, shutting his sketchbook.
"I'll just go changed first" he said, heading to his room with his sketchbook and pencil in his hand.
"Yeah same" Nicholas said.

Once they were both changed, they headed out the door and decided on eating okonomiyaki, so they walked to the nearest okonomiyaki place they could find, and  peacefully had their food while also sharing a couple laughs. Then as it got darker, they headed to a hill near their dorms to finally go stargazing.
"Waaahh, it's already so beautiful" Nicholas said as he admired the stars.
"They're so pretty!" Jo exclaimed, also admiring them.

For a while they just layed there in silence, staring at the breathtaking sight of the night sky. The silence was comfortable, especially as it was accompanied by chirping crickets and the sound of the slight breeze and the leaves on the trees swaying in it, and also the sound of cars passing by in the distance.

Nicholas suddenly glanced at Jo and found him cute as his orb-like eyes glistened as he stared at the stars like he was hypnotised by them.

Hey, look! 君と見上げている Moon
言葉じゃない "I love you"

"By the way, I can show you my drawing tonight if you want. I only need to do a couple last touch-ups and then it's done." Jo said to Nicholas.
"Oooohh, yeah I'd love to see it. I really wanna know what it is since you didn't let me see it when you were drawing it today." Nicholas said back.
"Hah, don't worry, you'll love it." Jo said.

"Don't you think it's getting a bit cold?" Nicholas asked Jo as he felt the wind getting more and more cooler.
"Yeah, it is" Jo said, shivering.
Nicholas snuggled closer to Jo and they both immediately felt warmer.

It's you 月明かりの下 With you
二人で寄り添っている

Nicholas has always felt a sense of zen whenever he was with Jo. Not necessarily because Jo is generally a quiet person, but because Jo just has a calming aura, he just does. And his voice and the way he speaks is also so calming to Nicholas.

"The moon is beautiful" Jo said.

It was like music to Nicholas' ears.

Nicholas was sure something was going on with him. Jo was surely doing something with his heart.

BONUS:
The two decides to go back home after an hour and a half of stargazing and sharing laughs. Fuma, EJ, and Maki were already home by the time Nicholas and Jo arrived home. They were scattered around the living room as the two got home.
"Sooo, can you show me your drawing now?" Nicholas asked after they took off their jackets and shoes.
"Hah, yeah, gimme five" Jo said, jogging to his room to touch up the drawing before bringing it into the living room to finally show Nicholas, finding it cute how eager he is to see it. He hoped Nicholas liked it.

"Okay, Nicho, are you ready?" Jo asked as he arrived to the living room and saw Nicholas sitting on the sofa, scrolling through his phone.
"Ooohhh, yesss" Nicholas replied, immediately putting his phone away and looking at Jo, intently waiting to see the drawing.

"Okay, 3... 2... 1" and Jo turned around the sketchbook.
Nicholas' jaw practically dropped at the amazing drawing.
"You drew this?!" Nicholas asked in disbelief, taking the sketchbook from Jo.
"Yeah" Jo said back.
"No way, it looks so real!" Nicholas said.
"Hah, thanks." Jo said, scratching the back of his neck.

Nicholas' reaction got the others intrigued so they all went over there to take a look too, and all their jaws dropped to the floor too.

"I can't believe you drew me!" Nicholas said.

"I just thought you looked really handsome in that photo, and it looked really portrait worthy, so I drew it." Jo said shyly.
"It's amazing JoJo, thank you so much for drawing me." Nicholas said, jumping to hug Jo.
"No problem!" Jo replied with a bright smile, hugging back. "You can keep it."
"Really?!" Nicholas asked, and Jo nodded as a response.
"Thank you JoJo!" Nicholas said, hugging the younger again "I'm so gonna frame this." he said, walking away with it.

"Jooooo, can you draw me next?" Maki asked Jo.
"No, do me" Fuma said.
"No, me!" EJ said.

"Hah, I'm flattered. But, I think I'll do one of all of &Team next, and I'll do individual portraits of all us after that." Jo said.
"Sounds good to me." Fuma said.
"Ooh, what you could do is keep it a mystery 'till you finish it and let us guess who you drew each time." Maki suggested.

"Ooh yeah, that's a really good idea!" Jo said.

word count: 1190