~~75: EPEX Baekseung - Mudblood (Harry Potter AU) Pt.2~~

"Why should I trust you? How do I know you won't throw me off completely?" you questioned as you got closer to him.
"Because I'm muggleborn too."

Your eyes widened and you looked at him in shock.
"What?"

You found it hard to believe that Kim Hyunwoo, who was friends with Draco Malfoy, who despises mudbloods, was a mudblood himself -

"In first year, Malfoy was the first person I talked to, and me being oblivious 11-year-old little Hyunwoo, I wanted to be friends with him. So we had a friend group and overtime I realised how bad of a person he truly was, and that's what made me realise that I've caught myself in a trap, and I don't know how to get out." his voice started to crack "I knew that if I backed out of the group they'd call me a pussy or a loser. And that's why at first I thought it was bad to not tell them that I'm a mudblood, that I lied saying I was pure blood. But now I regret it so much, I just wish I'd said I was a mudblood and I'd rather have him take the absolute piss out of me for being a muggleborn rather than have me in his goddamn trap. He's the reason I speak without thinking, he's the reason everyone thinks I'm a fucking dickhead because I hang out with him and act like one of his bloody minions all day everyday! I'm sick of pretending, I just want to have proper friends who will have my back and not bully me for being a mudblood. Like today, I have no idea what the hell came over me when I said that to you in the halls. I genuinly have no clue, I was out of my mind. And it's all because of Malfoy. And I'm so sorry for everything he's ever done to you on his behalf, I know he's a right dickhead, and I'm also terribly sorry for what I said earlier, I didn't mean it whatsoever. I regret every part of my friendship with Malfoy ever." he said, obviously fighting the urge to cry.

"Baekseung, I- I don't know what to say." your voice immediately became sorrow and you looked at him in concern. "Have you told a teacher?" you asked him.
"No because then it would get back to Malfoy."
"The truth is, no matter what you do it will get back to Malfoy. Sometimes you have to do things even if the consequences aren't what you want them to be. I think it's time you tell professor Dumbledore about this. It's for the best, you know that. We can go talk to him at lunch when everyone's wandering off so that no one can see, how's that sound?" you asked.
"...okay. Thank you y/n, thank you so much for having faith in me. I just needed someone to tell this to. I appreciate that you listened to me and that you're helping me out in this." he thanked you sincerely and to your surprise, he pulled you in for a genuine hug. Even though it came to you as a surprise, you hugged back.

"Don't mention it. I'm glad you feel comfortable telling me this even though we barely know eachother. Is that why you couldn't sleep?" you asked him after you pulled away from the hug.
"Well, not exactly." he replied.
"What is it then?"

"Um, well.." he sighs "just promise me you won't find this weird." he said.
"I promise." you said.
"The truth is, I like someone, like, REALLY like. And this person happens to be one of the muggleborns that Malfoy always picks on so I get to see them quite often, and they tend to chat back to Malfoy. But overtime as he kept picking on them, I noticed more and more stuff about them like their gorgeous features, daring attitude, cute laugh, and I couldn't help but grow feelings for them. But I knew damn well that they'd never see me as a good person at all if I keep pretending to be one of Malfoy's minions, so I got frustrated trying to find ways to atleast get them to talk to me, but I couldn't think of anything so I came down here, and well, here we are." Baekseung explained.
"Ah, must be so frustrating, I'm sorry. But hopefully this will be sorted tomorrow. Who is this person, if you don't mind me asking?" you asked, wiggling your eyebrows.

"I'll give you a massive clue, I'm talking to them in this very moment." he said.

You pointed to yourself and looked around as if there were millions of people around you.