~~89: 8TURN Yungyu - Hug~~

⚠️TW: MENTION OF RELATIVE DEATH + SUICIDE⚠️

Yungyu's POV
It was a Friday evening and after not being able to see my best mates all together in a while, we were out, doing various things like shopping, VR, karaoke, and stuff like that.

"HA, HE GOT SO SCARED" currently me and a few of my friends are pissing ourselves at how terrified Seungheon and Minho were of the VR they were playing in.
"LOOK AT MINHO HYUNG'S FACE" Haemin pointed out Minho hyung's hilarious terrifies facial expression to which we all had a laughing fit at.

"Who wants to go after them?" Jaeyun asked the rest of us.
"I'll go!" I volunteered.
"I will." Kyungmin volunteered too.
"Alright then, they're nearly done I think." Jaeyun said.

Then, I felt a vibration in my pocket, and I checked my phone to see a text from my girlfriend, y/n.

y/n/n🤗💝
gyu~

are you home yet?

Me
no baby I'm still out, why?

u ok?

y/n/n🤗💝
ye I'm ok I just rlly need a
hug rn

Me
no ur not, sit tight, I'll be there
in ten ok?

love you ❤️

I then switched off my phone and slipped it back into my pocket. "guys, I'm sorry but y/n just texted me, there's something wrong, so I'm gonna go. One of you can play twice for me."
"That's fine Yungyu, go look after the love of your life." Jaeyun teased, making the others giggle.
"On a serious note, hope she's okay, we'll fill you in on what happens. And don't be sorry, if it was my girlfriend, I'd leave too." Myungho hyung told me.

"God that was horrifying." Minho hyung said as him and Seungheon came out with traumatised expressions.
"What's happening?" Seungheon asked, noticing there was something up.
"I'm going 'cause there's something wrong with y/n. So sorry." I repeated.
"Y/N? MY DAUGHTER? LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY WHAT'S UP." Minho hyung dramatically said while grasping his head.
"Haha, alright, I will. Thanks guys, see you later!" with that I ran off and took the next bus to y/n's road.

Soon as I got there I knocked on the door, and within three seconds, it was opened by a pouty y/n in my stolen hoodie with the hood up, and a pair of joggers. I internally screamed because of how cute she looked, but before she could even shut the door, I engulfed her in a warm hug, despite it being a bit chilly outside.

I rubbed her back with one hand and caressed her hair with the other as she wrapped her hands tightly around me and buried her head into the crook of my neck.

We stayed like that for a minute or so, and then as she pulled away I looked into her teary eyes, a sharp pain going through my chest knowing my girlfriend was anything but alright in that moment.
"Let's go sit down." I said, almost on the verge of tears myself.

After we sat down I rubbed her arms and softly said "what's up? you know you can tell me anything, you can take all the time you need."
"I just found out" she took a moment before carrying on, and that's when she sniffled and her eyes welled up even more with tears "that my cousin passed away."

"The one you were really close with?" I asked her, and she nodded as tears began falling from her eyes and she buried her head into my chest. I caressed her head and let her take all the time she needed.
"I'm so sorry y/n. I know how close you were with her so it must be devastating to have just suddenly heard the news."
She pulled away again and said through tears "she was like my long lost sister. I never knew she was suicidal. She was always so goofy and happy around me, I never could've guessed. It's just disappointing that I couldn't be there with her, or even say goodbye. She left me this note." she said, handing me a note that was on the coffee table.

As I read it, it was quite the challenge to hold back the lump on my through. It was such a heartfelt letter.

"I give you and your relatives all my condolences. May she rest in peace." I said to her, taking her in my arms again.

"Thank you Yungyu, for listening to me. I don't wanna burden you-"
"It is not a burden y/n, never. You know I'll always be here to listen to you."
"I love you so much." she said.
"I love you too." I said back.

"Can you stay the night?" she innocently asked me as we were still in the hug.
"Don't be silly, I was already planning on that. By the way, I will not be letting go of you 'till the morning." I told her.
"I'm fine with that" she said back, and I pulled her down as we collapsed so that I was on my back and she was on top of me.

I kissed her forehead and whispered "get some rest my love."

BONUS; 3rd Person POV:
y/n's parents were on a business trip in Prague, so when they heard the news, they called y/n and her brother immediately. y/n's brother, Ian, however, he was in the house with y/n, but had went outside for a walk to clear his head when he heard the news. When he came back, he saw her with Yungyu on the sofa, sound asleep.
He took a sneaky picture of them and whispered to himself "my eyes might fall out if I see them so adorable together ever again."

word count: 964