~~66: &TEAM Jo - Lover Boy Pt.2~~

y/n's POV
Perfect. Just perfect. Couldn't be any better. It's pissing with rain on a Friday after school and I have to walk home in it because guess who's parents are still at work and guess who's older brother can't fucking drive at the age of 22 (and a younger sister who obviously can't drive)? Where's your older sister when you need her? In fucking Okayama, who am I kidding.
All my friends got picked up and I got no umbrella, no rain coat, nothing. Hah, I should be glad I only live ten minutes away from school.
I'll be drenched by then... well atleast it's not an hour-

My thoughts got interrupted when I suddenly didn't feel the rain anymore. I looked up and saw a tall figure with handsome face. It was Jo...
"J- Jo, you're gonna get wet-"
"It's fine, take it. I'm taking the bus anyway." he said shyly.
"A-are you sure?" I asked him.
"100%" he said with a smile that hasn't come off his face since I noticed him.
"Thank you. I'll give it back to you tomorrow."
"No need. You can keep it." he said.
"Are you sure Jo?"
"Yeah, I am y/n."

How does he know my name?

"You're too kind." I smiled back at him at last.
"Don't mention it." he said.
"By the way, how do you know my name?"
"'Cause you're one of Fuma-kun's little sister's best friends." he explained.
"Ah yeah of course, obviously, that makes sense."

Common sense who?

"Alright, see you tomorrow then y/n. Get home safely, bye!" he said as we began to approach the busstop.
"You too, bye!" I said, waving to him.

Okay but why is he so nice? I knew he wasn't arrogant but I never knew he was this nice, let alone a bit shy, especially given that he's a sports captain.
I'm gobsmacked.

Jo's POV
Oh my Lord, she waved at me! And my God, the way my name rolled off her tongue. I can't believe we had an actual conversation, the fuck? And I'm actually so proud of myself for approaching her and saving her from getting soaked. Wow, I gotta tell the boys.

Soon after, the bus arrived and I got on. Thank God honestly 'cause it was packed in that busstop because of all the people seeking shelter.

y/n's POV
"Oh hey y/n." my older brother, Asahi said while sitting on the sofa as I walked through the door. But he did a double take at me and then said "wait how come you're not drenched. And where did you get that umbrella?"
"A friend gave it to me." I parshly lied.
"Oh, okay" he said.
Thank God he's not over-protective. "how was school?" he asked.
"Not too bad. And how was your half day at work, ya lucky bastard?" I asked him as I took my lunch box out my bag and put all the stuff in the dishwasher.
"Hah, better than your day."
"Shut up."
"Wait, where's Katsumi?!" I asked as I realised our younger sister wasn't in the room with us.
"Relax, she's in her room. Her friend's mum dropped her off."
"Oh, okay, phew." I said, immediately calming back down.

After that I made my way upstairs to my own room and changed out of my slightly wet school uniform and put them in the wash.

"y/n, are you hungry? I made oden!" I heard Asahi yell from downstairs just as I'd finished changing.
"Yeah, coming!" I said.
Oden sounds great right now.
Before going down myself, I checked up on my little sister.
"Hey Katsumi, how was school?"
"Good."
"Have you eaten?"
"Yeah."
She was giving short replies because she was playing something on her iPad.
"Alright, that's good then" was the last thing I said before making my way downstairs at last to have some delicious oden.

Jo's POV
I came home and not once did y/n come off my mind. When I went to bed that night, she was still on my mind. I went to sleep thinking about her.
Is that really creepy? I hope it isn't.

The weekend felt painfully slow for some reason. Then suddenly, the week after that went by fast. Strange, huh?
More and more of these little coincidences kept happening between me and y/n. Like the other day we happened to both want the last bottle of tropical juice in the canteen, or earlier in the week when we got paired up for a practical in chemistry.
It's crazy how this all just suddenly started, but I'm here for it 'cause y/n and I are getting closer.

y/n's POV
My friends and I were sitting in the canteen yet again, chatting away, then Jo and his friends appear and get in the queue. Deja vu, no?
"Oh my Gosh guys, look, it's Jo" I pointed out to my friends, but this left them staring at me.
"y/n... I thought you didn't like Jo" one of them said to me. And when she said that, that's when it hit.

What is he doing to me?

"Speak o' the devil" another one of our friends said.
"Shit-" one of them mumbled but then Jo arrived looking for... me?
We went aside and he said "do you have time after school today to maybe, hang out?"
This caught me off guard because we've only really been talking for two weeks, but I'm cool with it. In fact I feel low-key excited.
"Yeah, sure. What do you have last?"
"Art." he said.
"Aight cool, I've got English, so if you're late out, I know why."
"Yup, heh. Welp, I gotta get my lunch, see ya after school." he said with a cute smile and a small wave to which I did back and then sat back down.
Soon as I did so I got bombarded with questions from my friends.
"Woah -" I expressed from the unexpected outburst from my friends "he was.. asking to hang out." I said to them and they went absolutely wild.
"Wait but I've barely seen you two even talk and, I thought you weren't interested in him?" one of my friends questioned.

"Well, I wasn't gonna say anything because I didn't want you guys going nuts or anything, but..."
I proceeded to tell them all about the little incidents that have been happening between me and Jo recently and how those have brought us closer. They 'ooh'd and 'aah'd and I kept telling them to shut the fuck up but they wouldn't listen and we were starting to get stares. But then about twenty minutes later, the bell rang, indicating the start of movement time to last period.

Once school was over, Jo and I hung out like we discussed and we had a lot of fun, and I mean a lot. We talked so much and got to know eachother so much better. I never actually realised how soothing it was to listen to his voice. This made me want to hang out with him more and more. I also think it made me... fall for him.

word count: 1203