Chapter 8

It's been a few days since the incident in the restroom and I won't deny that it still haunts me to sleep. The way Freen sob that day made a mark on my heart, she looks so broken and fragile, so lost and the sparkles on her eyes are long gone. After that day, Freen become a little too aloof with me. She always makes excuses when I ask her out to dinner, or to get milk tea together, we didn't talk anymore, she will just talk to me when it is necessary but forget I even exist when it is not work related.

It kills me seeing this side of Freen. It kills me how she change in a span of a week. She became someone else I didn't know. She is usually goofy and smiley and now she introduce me to a Freen I was never used to.

The issue still rises, Freen  received a lot of hate and threats. I know about it because I have a troll account that follows our fandom and I admit that everything the fans says is quite hitting a nerve. Such as saying Freen's actions and words contradict, that she is giving mix signals. That she is being a coward for being too oblivious herself. Some of those comments even suggest I should leave IDF and apply for another company who treats me equally as to how I should be treated as an artist, they say I should go and leave Freen behind because of the betrayal she did behind my back. They said I should take a break and fly back for a period of time to England and move on.

I wish it was as easy as that, I wish leaving the company and Freen behind is as easy as dumping a trash in a garbage can without looking behind. I wish it was as easy as chewing a gum and throwing it away when it loses it's chemical flavor. But reality is not that easy, you cannot get out. You need to walk through the hurdles of pain and agony to achieve the happiness you deserve. You need to test the waters first and redo the experiment again and again to gain the satisfaction you need. Pain is a cycle that repeat and flow over and over again even if we don't want it to. It is an unending survival of the heart.

Freen become distant, I never had a chance to ask her how she's been after that. When I try to talk to her she will dismiss me directly and say she is busy with stuff so I don't push it through to give her space.

"Bec?" Richie asked from the other side of the room.

"Hm?"

"You up for a milk tea?" He asked.

It's already 9 PM and Richie and I stayed at the house since our parents are out of the country and I don't have any schedules for today so I choose to stay indoors.  Being fond of milk teas, I didn't dare say no to his offer because who will reject such offer if it's your favorite right?

"Sure thank you in advance." I replied folding the shirts I just got back from the laundry machine.

"Can we sit together at the pool and talk for a bit Bec?"

"Sure, i'll be there in a few."

And with that, Richie left my room leaving me with my own stuff. I tidied up my bed, vacuuming my comforter and fix my cloths in the closet before putting hair in a high ponytail and follow Richie downstairs.

When I got there, I found him sitting on the side of the pool, feet dip under the waters and two milk teas settled in a tray beside him.

"You didn't tell me it will be a stargazing night." I commented as I sat across him.

"It's a surprise." He laugh cheekily turning his head on me. "Here."

He handed me my favorite milk tea slowly sipping his own and I gladly did the same.

"Thank you for this."

"No biggie princess."

A long silence engulped the atmosphere. The only thing we can hear is the sound of the mini waterfall flowing to the pool and the steady breathing's we take. Richie seems to be thinking before opening his mouth to start a conversation.