Chapter 25

Freen was left devastated after the call. She never heard further about the voice who called Becky because Becky dismissed herself for a moment before it cut short. 

She was left with mind filled with unanswered questions that were hung agape on the back of her mind. There was something about Becky, it seems like she's hiding something from me that she don't want me to find out.

Becky on the other hand was busy cleaning up the mess Caleb made on the kitchen. Flour spread on the counter and so does the butter is spilled over the floor making Becky groan in frustration.

"Caleb... Why did you do that?"

"I'm sorry mommy, I didn't mean to. I thought it was fun."

"Caleb that is not fun. Making a mess is not nice okay? Mommy is tired and now I needed to clean this mess up before Daddy arrive home."

Caleb puckered his lips as he realizes the mistake he made.

"I'm sorry mommy. Let me help you."

"Just sit down there baby, mommy will tidy this up and we're good to go."

"Caleb will help mommy. Let me help."

And with that, Becky let his son help her in sweeping the floor, removing the butter off the sparkling kitchen floor. Becky wipe off the excess flour on the counter then brush the edges of the floor for any possible remaining left overs to avoid it being bombarded by insects.

"Done mommy!"

"Good. Thank you baby. Please don't do it again."

"Okay mommy, Caleb will behave now."

"Good. Now let's get you cleaned up and tuck you to bed."

"Mommy, is daddy coming home?"

"We'll call daddy later okay?"

"Okay mommy."

"Now let's go and shower."

Becky take Caleb on his room tidying him before going to bed. It was not a hassle for her to take care of the little one because Caleb always understand everything quickly and obey Becky right after every command she give.

Caleb grew up to be kind and always have respect to the elderly.

And Becky is so proud on raising her son so well-mannered.

After the shower, Becky tucked Caleb to bed singing him Thai lullabies that Freen used to sing to her before when she can't sleep and after sometime she heard soft snores coming from the kid. She then put the blanket over his shoulders planting a kiss on his forehead before exiting the room.

"Rei."

"Nate! You scared me!" Becky held her chest stopping backwards not expecting the presence who suddenly appeared in front of her.

"Oh i'm sorry I didn't mean to."

"It's fine Nate."

"Where's Caleb?"

"Asleep already."

"Oh, so I guess your heading to bed now too?"

"Yes Nate."

"Good." Nate replied smiling softly at Becky. "Sleep tight Rei."

Nate kiss Becky's forehead goodnight before entering his room letting Becky have the privacy she needed.

When Becky entered her room, she was met with the dim lights illuminated on the ceiling and the posters of her achievements on her walls are nicely hang on the open. There was one particular frame hung up on her wall, it was Freen and Becky's awarding as the couple of the year. She never removed it, or hid the things that belong to Freen. After all, Freen was part of her success.