Chapter 48

"RICHIE! CALEB!"

I yelled as soon as Freen drive her car off. I run back towards my brother's room banging the door as I sulk knowing that my goddamn brother spill something I was trying so hard not to be spilled.

"Open the door Richie or i'll break this down!"

"Chill geez! What's wrong sis?" He teased giving me a smug smile that I really wanna rip off if Caleb is not here.

"Give me back my son Richie." I warned gritting my teeth but Richie didn't budge. "Richie!"

"Do you wanna go to Mom bud? Mommy will beat uncle Richie's ass up if you leave." I glared at him punching him in my mind smiling softly at Caleb.

"Come here baby, let's go. Let's tuck you to bed."

"You won't punch uncle Richie mommy?" He asked.

"I won't punch uncle Richie Caleb, infact his face deserve more than just punching."

"What is it mommy?"

"Nothing darling. Come on baby let's go. Let's get you to bed before daddy came okay?" Caleb grab my hand as both of us walk away from Richie's room who have a smug smile on his face. " I'll get to you later, you even have the guts to drag my child into this." I warned before walking away.

I cleaned Caleb's body by giving him a quick shower clothing him with his favorite pyjamas as I tuck him on his blanket and both of us lay on the comfort of his mattress.

"Mommy?"

"Hm?"

"Are you friends with pwetty Fween?" Caleb asked again. He was so persistent to know what role Freen really played in my life but I know he is too young to understand what's happening so I tried searching for a solution that won't bring him confusion.

"Me and Freen are beyond friends Caleb." I replied.

It was true, Freen and I are beyond friends right now. We've been done being on that phase and our level of relationship right now is not of a friend. I don't know if we are still friends or what but all I know is we still are two different individuals who share the same history but parted ways in the end.

"Freen and I are workmates only Caleb. Well she was supposed to be my friend before, but everything changes right now. "

"So pwetty Fween and you not friends anymore?" He husk out again so I held his face in my hands staring at his caca eyes that's boring unto mine.

"Let's go to bed now baby. It's already late, let's sleep now okay?"

"Let's pray first mommy." He suggested.

"Do you know how to pray?"

"Yes, granny taught me how to." He replied so I nodded in response. Caleb then put his palm in a praying position before closing his eyes.

"Dear God, thank you for today, for the delicious food today, and thank you because I also see pwetty Fween. I wish everyday is happy and I wish mommy will always be happy. Amen."

A tear slipped my eyes right after Caleb whispered his prayers. I can't believe Caleb will wish for me to be happy, he is so eloquent in his age making me wonder if he's really a three years old kid sometimes. I kiss his forehead before wrapping him inside my arms.

"Let's sleep now."

"Okay... goodnight mommy." Caleb planted a soft kiss on my cheek before wrapping his little hands around me again.