Chapter 39

I knocked at the door twice but her apartment were wrapped in a cold silence.

Is she still now home? Why isn't there anyone in here...

I knocked again but before I could hit for my third knock, the door swung open revealing Nam who look stunned seeing me outside Freen's doorstep.

"B-Becky?" She was shocked the moment she saw my face, and so do I. I am not expecting to see P'Nam in here making the both of us even.

"I-is Freen here?" I managed to ask as I grip the hem of my pants from behind.

"She's up—"

"Can you please give it to her? I needed to go back to the hospital quickly." I cut her midway shoving the flowers on her chest making her confused.

"What is this for?"

"Nothing... Just please give it to her. I needed to go.  Bye Phi!" I ran my way towards the car shutting the door from behind stealing one final glance at P'Nam who stood still on Freen's door astonished about what just happened. And I fled the area back to the hospital. 

_________________________________

The beeping of Dad's ECG machine echoed on the entire room the moment I entered. He was holding a magazine in his hand reading it's content while Nate is sitting on the couch watching a news on the television and the moment I shut the door from behind, Dad raise his head up greeting me with a smile.

"Becbec..." I walked over to his direction bending a little to give him a side hug.

"Hey dad." I let the hug linger for a moment before pulling away.

"Is Freen with you? Where is she? Is she outside?"

I didn't know what to say about Dad's question. I ran out of words to say and I don't know how to answer that.

"She's uh... She's not with me Dad."

He sighed a little before taking my hand in his trapping it in his fingers.

"Your still mad at her aren't you?" He asked.  I tried muzzling  my own emotions to lighten the mood but I know  Dad can read me so well, so I let my guard down.

"I'm not mad at her Dad. Not once, and never will be."

"Then why are you avoiding her?"

"I'm not avoiding her Dad."

"Yes you do." He replied. " If you don't, then why are you so affected about Freen being around? Why are you afraid to see her again?"

"I'm not. It's just that our schedules are not letting us cross each other's path."

"More like you we're controlling your schedule not to meet her back."

"Dad..."

"Are you still mad at her?"

"Dad I told you I am not mad. At least that's not it. It is my fault, I fell over something I know I cannot have and I cannot wish to have. Because in the first place I shouldn't have felt something more in the middle of doing a project because that is so unprofessional to catch feelings in someone whom you are supposed to be just an on screen partner with. Not an off screen lover."

I paused. I slowly relive all that had happened in the past. And let it sink in the beating of my heart, as I live with the past in the present.

"There is nothing to be mad about towards Freen. It wasn't her fault, it wasn't her intention to let me comfort myself in the process of trying to find my broken pieces in her. She never told me to feel this and feel that, so she isn't held accountable for something she is not capable of."