Chapter 16

Pouring of the raindrops under the pavement, the cloudy sky, and the soft gentle rainbow illuminated in the baby blue heavens. With a bittersweet smile, I leaned my head on the window of my room as I slowly graze the droplets that cascade over my windowpane.

It's been a few days since I am discharge from the hospital and Freen never fail to check up on me. She always drop by to give me fruits, foods and my favorite milk tea. She never failed to amused me by her heartwarming concern melting my heart enveloping it into a new form hope.

Freen is thoughtful, she don't stand a day not sending me a text on how i've been. She always asked me what I wanted to eat because she will buy it for me. Me on the other hand obliged at her request to let her know my demands, but I don't demand that much from her when it is not necessary.

Today is another case, Freen didn't drop by like the usual time she does. Probably because of the rain? Yeah maybe that's it.

But I was snap out of my own assumptions when a gray mustang pull over our residence and a guy went out helding an umbrella on his hand. And there I saw him open the door, it was Freen.

With Seng.

He held her waist closer to him and Chankimha puts her weight on his chest. Both of them walking together on our porch with huge smile  plastered on their faces. I want her  happy but damn, her happiness hurts.

I tear myself away from the window slumping my body on the soft mattress of my bed until I heard a knock from the door.

"Becky? Freen is here... Come on down."

"I'll be there in a minute."

Fixing my hair, I didn't dare look at myself in the mirror anymore because no one is there to impress. Freen wouldn't even notice about my presence since she is with her boyfriend.

As I pace myself on the stairs, I can hear Seng and her voice echoed on the living room, chatters and laughter's engulped them in their own little fantasy world.

Jealousy is an understatement. What I felt is more than that. I can't put a finger on it but I know I am more than just jealous seeing them acting lovey dovey in front of my eyes.

How I wish I was him.

"Hey."

"Oh hey Bec... Glad your already here." Freen held Seng's hand to behave preventing him from tracing his fingertips on Freen's back.

"Yeah." I replied shortly. I already lose the excitement to see her today.

"I brought you apples."

"Thanks."

The atmosphere turned into a complete silence after the exchange of our dialogues. Then Seng suddenl spoke up as he announced his goodbyes.

"I'll be going now Freen. Call me when you arrive home."

"Yeah sure."

"You can actually leave now."

Damn! That didn't go well as I am planning to say it, it turns out like I sound rude or something.  Freen shoot a glance on me as if she was checking if she heard the right thing so I give her a thumbs up.

"You don't want me here?"

"It's not like that. It's just that I don't wanna be a burden on your shoulders anymore.  I'm already grown up Freen, stop shouldering my needs on your pocket. I am not your responsibility."

"No Bec, i'll stay here. You can go ahead Seng."

And with that Seng properly bid his goodbyes before walking out of the house closing the door from behind.