Chapter 46

"Becky?"

I was astonished in place seeing Freen getting out her car carrying an umbrella in her hands walking her way to me.

She scanned the place and her eyebrows twitch when she notice what happened to my car before slowly coming closer to me.

"What happened?" She husked out. I on the other hand got loss of words to say so I hesitate on what I should tell her.

" M-my ugh... Car is dead, it's not starting."

"How many minutes?" She asked making me squint my eyes as confusion role on my face.

"Huh?"

"How many minutes have you been in here?"

"Oh, ahm....I don't know quite a long time already. Maybe 15 minutes."

"Why didn't you call for any help Becky? You see this place is a little too remote and your a girl fixing her car in the middle of nowhere with no houses nearby. What if something happened to you.!" She scolded.

"Nothing's gonna happened to me Freen. I'm a grown up woman and besides, no one is even around here but me."

"That's it Bec. No one is around here to help you if something happened.  We could never predict what will happened." I rolled my eyes out as Freen keep scolding me.

"It's not my fault that I got stuck in here anyway. It's my car that's not starting, okay? And what are you even doing here anyway? I thought you left?"

I look at her intently and I could sense her nervousness as she utter each word out of her mouth.

"I... I uhm..."

"You what Freen?"

"Fine... I followed you okay, I can't drive you and get you home safe so I did the best solution I could do, to follow you and make sure you arrive home safe." She replied shocking me by the revelations.

I know Freen and I aren't the same as we used to before, but I can see through her the affection she wanted to show me. But I am the one holding back.

"Why?" I asked.

"What?"

"Why do you have to make sure I get home safe?" I asked and this time she look stunned to speak.

"Because I wanted to be sure that nothing will happened to you. I wanted to make sure your safe and sound." Freen replied.

I don't know what to say to her anymore so I remained silent.

"Here, hold this please. And please don't soak yourself in the rain. I don't want you to get sick." She mumbled handing me the umbrella which I gladly take shedding my body under the umbrella and preventing her from getting wet by the droplets.

"I think your car needed to be on repair.  The machines are overheat, did it release smoke earlier?"

"It did." I replied. "So that's why it stopped working."

"Hmm."

Silence envelope the atmosphere as we both don't have anything to say. The only thing that could be heard are the droplets of the rain hitting the roof of the car as both of us stood outside.

"I'll drive you home." She suddenly blurted out looking anywhere but my eyes.

"No, it's fine you can go home first i'll just call my Uber."

"That's not a question Becky. I told you I will drive you home."

"I know, but you can't... I'll wait for my Uber here, he's gonna be here any minute."