Chapter 37

Becky

After fixing myself from that hot bath, I started getting ready to go back to the hospital but I decided to drop by at Irin's apartment first since it has been so long since last visited her.

I swing my bag on my shoulders before leaving my room so I could already drove off.

"Mrs. Pat, can you tell Nate that I am at Irin's when they get back home? I cannot wait any longer for them to return home." I cooed as I met Mrs. Pat on the garden, she is out most valued house helpers and she has been with us for more than a decade.

"Yes Becca. I'll tell Nate about that." She replied flashing her toothy smile.

"Thank you Mrs. Pat. I'm leaving now."

I exit the living room heading to the garage as I drove my pink Porsche. Yes, I already purchased my dream car and I am proud to say I can also drive now. A lot has happened when I was in England, and that includes learning the things that Freen prohibits me to do. One of those is driving, she hated it when I mention to her that I will learn how to drive because she wanted it to be her driving me home.

But that change now...

Everything change. No more Freen, so no more personal driver. So I needed to learn how to do things independently. As I drove my way over the subord, I cannot help but admire Thailand once again. A lot has change for the past few years, and when I say a lot I mean everything literally change.

I arrived at Irin's apartment not long after that because the traffic jam is not that heavy so I made it on time so that I could go back and watch over Daddy.  I also brought a box of chicken  curry since this is both our favorite. As I was heading on her doorstep, I noticed an unfamiliar sedan car outside her apartment making me creased my forehead.

"Her car is in her garage... Then who's car is this?" I mumbled.

I then ignore the questions before ringing her doorbell. It takes a few minutes before the door open revealing the person I am not expecting to see.

Her eyes lock with mine. She look surprise, and longing is evident on her face. I was so shock to see her making me lose my grip on the box of foods in my hand and it fall off from my grasp and to the ground.

She look somehow delighted and surprised, I on the other hand felt nervous. I didn't expect this to happen so soon. But why is it already happening?

"B-becky?"

She whispered and all I could do was not move an inch from where I was standing.  I was frozen and I am astonished to move not knowing what I would do.  My hands started getting clammy and sweaty and the sweats on my forehead is slowly dripping off my face.

I studied Freen's visual. She is still as gorgeous as she is a few years ago.  But she lost weight. Her once chubby cheeks is replace by a slim figure with a sharp jaw highlighting her beauty, her body became petite and her eyes don't have that same glow like she have before.

Before I could process what was happening. Irin then burst in the door wearing an apron around her waist.

"It it the pizza guy Phi? Why didn't you—". Irin stopped midway the moment she saw me. And now all of us we're surprised to see each other ina situation like this. And before Freen could react, I ran back to my car shutting the door shut and I can hear her screaming my name from behind.

"Becky! Becky wait! Please wait!"

Her voice echoed in my head, it's cracked.  And I know she cried. I know how Freen's voice sound like when she's crying.  And based on what I heard I know she is crying.