Chapter 9

"We will release an official statement regarding the issue first thing in the morning tomorrow. I hope both parties are prepared for what may come."

P'Chen stated as all of us gathered in the conference room to address the issue. Freen is seated beside me fidgeting her fingers feelings anxious about the possible outcome tomorrow.

It is the first time I seated this close to her after the issue, I can't stand seeing her so nervous and so scared of her own rights and personal space so I held her hand between mine helping her calm down.

"Don't worry P'Freen, everything will be alright. I'm always here for you." I whispered on her ear and I feel her loosen up a bit.

"Thank you Becbec." She replied.

Standing up from our seats, Freen walk ahead of me as Heng catch up with my pace and both of us walked together. Nam walked by Freen and Heng give them the space they needed because we know that Freen is much more comfortable to talk things out with Nam first after the issue. I don't know why but she seems to be so aloof with me, she is hesitant to open up her struggles to me like I am not her partner.

"I hope everything goes well tomorrow Bec." Heng whispered.

"I hope so."

"Bec."

"Hmm?"

"Whatever may happen, can you please stay with Freen?" His questions made me look up meeting his gaze that is obviously pleading me.

I sigh.

"I will always be with Freen, Heng. I will stay by her side no matter what happens, I promised her that i'll be the wings she will need when she loses hers to fly up between struggles. I promised her that i'll be the first one who will love her if everyone in the world don't want her anymore. I'll risk it for Freen, Heng. And I will only disappear if she no longer needs me."

"Phasing you out is an impossible thing Becky. Freen can't even stand a day without you, how much more live life without you."

"We don't know that yet Heng."

And with that, both of us silently walked out of the hallways in a complete deafening silence.

__________________________________

"Sawadee ka. Freen Sarocha na ka. Today I'm willing to announce na ka. Today's announcement will be true and i'm willing to say in all matters, not lie and not twist the truth. For the occured situation, both photos and videos taken are true but it was threaten and infringe on privacy rights. After i knew about the situation i was not at ease and immediately consulted a trusted advisor and appointed a lawyer as well as informed the agency and handled the prosecution immediately . No less important than lawsuit in my mind and the state of mind of all the affected parties and my personal and presidential spaces are no longer safe.  I'm sorry for disappointing everyone na ka."

Freen bowed down after announcing and confirming the issue to avoid the camera filming her tears.

While here I am, watching her break down in the corner not knowing what to do or how to console her. I don't know if I should embrace her or say positive things to her knowing that her boyfriend is just in the other side of the hall. Her boyfriend. What a nice address for a person who claims to love Freen but put her in this messy situation.

After a while, Nam walked over to Freen's side pulling her into a tight hug and everyone follows after that. Except me. I waited until everyone disappear so I could have an alone time with her but Seng beat me to it.

He walked over Freen's side slowly caressing her cheeks as he pulled her into a tight embrace. The scene itself broke my heart again, I don't know how many times I got my heart broken but seeing this just makes me wanna ran far far away and never show myself anymore.