Chapter 68

"Bec!"

"Becky are you okay?"

"Mami! Why did mommy ran?" Caleb asked.

Those were the questions I also don't have answers. I don't know why Freen ran away, I thought everything is okay. I thought she also wanted to have a future with me. What went wrong? Did I do something wrong?

"Mom? What did I do? Did I scare her? Did I fucked it up?" I asked my mom as tears streamed down my face. " What did I do mom? Freen ran away, s-she don't want me. S-she don't wanna have a future with me mom... It hurts! It hurt so much!" I exclaimed as I cried my heart out. Mom wrapped me in her arms rubbing my back softly.

"Shhh. Don't cry, maybe Freen was just surprised. Give her time baby." Mom replied.

Was i rushing things? Was i too quick? Didn't I give her enough time for this? I thought we are both ready to settle down? How come she's not.

"I'll go after Freen, Becky. Stay here." Nam cooed as she went out to follow Freen.

"Don't worry Bec, my daughter was maybe just not expecting this. Don't worry she will come back to you."  Auntie nun chimed in as she walked over to me wrapping me in a tight hug.

"I'm really gonna beat her ass." Richie.

"That kid! I just told her last night not to hurt Becky! She is testing my patience." Dad added. I know he was mad base on his voice but I don't care about that right now. All I care is why did Freen ran away.

"Calm down Robert, we didn't know what's Freen's reason. Give her time." Mom replied.

"Mommy, stop crying. I hate to see you cry." Caleb wipe the tears on my cheeks making me cry even harder.  The ring on my hands fell off from my grasp and the flowers I was holding was soak with ng tears.

I don't know what happened but everything went silent. I hear the door open and closed again but I didn't pay attention to it, I was just hanging my had down low as tears flow out of my eyes.  I can't stop it, it's hard. It's painful. The last time I cried this hard was when I graduated and Freen was never there. And now this again. Why do I have to cry for Freen all the time? Didn't I deserve to be happy? I asked and sob hardly on the table I was leaning my head into.

"Bec..."

Then I heard her voice.

Did she came back?

What for?

Didn't she ran away? Am I just seeing things? Hearing things?

"Becca... I'm sorry if I ran away.  I was just..."  Her voice was sounding broken. Her eyes was bloodshot red like she also cried.

Why did she came back? Did she change her mind?

"F-Freen... W-why? What did I do wrong? Did I upset you? Did I make a mistake? Did I scare you? Y-you don't have to say yes Freen, just don't go. Don't run away like that, don't run away like I am a bacteria your afraid to be seen with. It hurts... It hurts so much." I replied.

I don't know how many times I plead for her not to go, not to do this or do that, or even cried on things she don't know about. I guess that's just how it should be. It's always gonna be me, the one chasing for her, seeking for her attention, yearning for her love.