Chapter 40

The following days, both of the girl never cross paths again. Freen was keep away from Becky sue to her hectic and tight schedule while Becky was busy taking care of her father who is officially out from the hospital.

After that encounter, Rebecca never paid much of an attention to Freen again. She set her mind on things worth thinking and worrying about, and that includes her father's safety.

Her mother never mentioned Freen again, atleast not anymore because she knows Becky wanted to avoid talking about her. 

Like any other day, Becky spend her spare time reading a book on the balcony of the house while Caleb was playing with his toy next to her. It became their routine, her spending her time doing reading a book while Caleb would do something else too. As she was in the middle of the chapter, Richie walked in on them bringing a box of donuts in his hand making Caleb's eyes lit up.

"Uncle Richie! Uncle Richie!" The young man jump over his uncle who welcomed him with wide arms putting the donuts on the side table.

"Hey you!  What's up? What are you doing?"

"I am playing toys, while mommy is reading a book." He explained beaming an earful smile that Richie gladly returned.

"Oh really? Can I play with you?"

"Of course uncle Richie! Come on!" Caleb drag him over towards his toys as he bent down to an indian sit position and started playing cars with Caleb.

"You look so serious reading that book you know." Becky look at him briefly before raising an eyebrow.

"And you always laugh when reading a book when nothing is funny." Rebecca replied.

"Argh! How can you backfire me that fast? I swear I would have thought you have some mind reading powers because of how easily you can detect answers in a split seconds."

Becky ignored her brother's comment before adjusting the glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose fixing her gaze back on the pages of the book. 

Reading is her escape, and escape from reality. From what was layed upon her that she wanted to forget for a moment. Reading is her medicine, a tylenol she needed to take when her head is throbbing about the things she know she shouldn't worry about. A pillar she needed when she wanted to conceal what was behind her. When she reads, it seems like everything around her fall into place, like everything around her seems to be unbothered by the wavering waves of struggles and undefined paths for tomorrow. If it is the right path to go to, if it is the right path where happiness exist. Sometimes she cannot help but think that what if the path to peace and happiness is on the other side of the road, sometimes she think that her feet never belonged to the ground she is stepping into. Because it felt unfamiliar, it felt bizarre. It felt so weird to feel lost in the place where you consider home.  Because it is a home... But if felt too far from what we called home. Reading is her melody, her pillar, her world, her another dimension of reality upon the reality of the unfolded realities. Reading is her escape.

Lost in the trails of the words imprinted on each chapters, Becky was brought back to reality when her stomach growl from the hunger felt.

"Shoot! I forgot I haven't eaten yet." Becky murmured rubbing her stomach. "Rich, have you eaten yet?"

"No i'm not hungry. Are you?"

"Kind of."

"Do you want me to order something?"

"No need I wanted to eat outside with Caleb and you if your not busy."

"Oh i'm sorry Bec... I can't I have something to do and I also  needed to finish renovating my room."