Chapter 56

The curiosity about the person the saleslady saw Freen with is haunting Rebecca and is not letting her sleep for nights because her head is wandering about who could possibly be with Freen that time that bought the same dress with her.

Did Freen bought the dress for herself?  Did she bought the pair of dress I got?

Those are the questions running in Becky's mind as she think about it over and over again like a broken record repeating in her head.

As the days pass, the awaited party Irin held finally happened and Becky cannot seem to fathom the fact that she is nervous because of this party since she didn't know whom Irin invited. There are a lot of guests since Irin was already working in the industry for so many years so it is expected that she would invite a lot of guests. Becky was busy preparing herself for the night as Irin swayed over the area to greet and welcome her guest in a manner that she could not even pinpoint. She was left on one side of the table until Irin came back with Freen's friend following from behind.

"Here guys, you all share the same table with me and Becky." Irin exclaimed guiding the older ones to the table becky is sitting.

When Becky raise her gaze up, she was met with a shock expression of the three friends looking at Becky's dress as if she was wearing something off.  Then all three of them look at each other as if they were talking with their eyes but didn't say anything.

Before Becky can ask what's wrong, Tee tear up the staring sessions by greeting Becky.

"Hi Bec!" Tee actively greeted which earned a slap on her arm.

"Aww! What's the for?" She wind.

"Behave yourself Tee!" Nam warned glaring at the other one before beaming a soft smile on Becky's.

"Hi Bec!"

"H-hey P'Nam!" She greeted back but the unbearable silence is engulping their atmosphere.

"How are you Bec?" Kade asked trying to ease up the silence

"I'm good Phi. How about you?" I asked.

"I'm good too... How's England?"

"Oh England is nice, it feels home actually." Becky replied.

She won't deny it. England is now her home, her safe place, her shelter. Everything she could describe of a home is there, so England is her home.

Nam was about to open her mouth to start a conversation when Becky's phone rang so she directly picked it up bringing it closer to her ear as her smile teacher her ear.

"Heyy." She greeted Nate with a smile plastered on her face.

"Hey princess? How are you? You enjoying the night?"

"Hmm... The party's not starting yet so i'm still at my table."

"You probably be so bored."

" Trust me I am! Why can't you be here? It's so unfair!"

Becky feign sulking earning a giggle from the other line  but she was unaware that the people around her table is listening as she spoke to the other person on the line without her knowing.

"It's a good news princess... I can catch the party. And I need to put Caleb to sleep first before I go."

"Really! Oh my god! I'm so glad! Are you coming alone?"

"No, Richie and I might be going together."

"Okay... Hurry up and come here already."

"We will be there before you know it."

"Okay... Take care. Love you!"

And with that Becky ended the  call smiling sheepishly to the people around her as they look puzzled about who she was talking to.

But before they could react, Irin arrived and this time. Freen was following her from behind but Becky's eyebrows furrowed when she noticed Freen was not wearing the same dress as she does but another styled dress that is matching with hers but not exactly alike.

"So who's the person who bought the dress that's seen with Freen?"

Becky husked out in her mind but didn't budge ask.  Their eyes met in the middle of looking around and none of them seem to want to let go of the starings, then Freen's eyes landed on Becky's dress and her mouth hung open again as she look at the younger girl. She look at Becky's dress as if they see a ghost.

Seriously? What's wrong with people today?

She asked

"Oi! Fuzzy! You look like a real girl today!" Nam teased which earned an eye roll from Freen.

"Shut up Nam Orntara!" She replied.

"Oh Phi! Your gonna be sitting beside Becky." Irin added and Becky glared at her.  She knows what her friend is up to and she don't like it.

"It's fine Rin, there is a plenty of chairs in here. I'll sit in here." Freen replied patting the chair she is sitting in but Irin is stubborn so she keep insisting.

"No Phi, it's fine, you can sit beside Becky. It's okay to you right Bec? Since you already work together?" She asked and all Becky could do was nod in agreement because it's so rude to say it's not okay when they all know they're pass the war moments.

"See? It's okay Phi."

"No Rin, it's really fine. And besides someone will be sitting with me so i'll sit here." She replied.

Becky's gonna lie if she will say she didn't feel disappointed about it because God knows how she wanted Freen to be close to but like what she said, she is sitting with someone else so she can't sit with Becky.

"Oh, okay. Then i'll go ahead and meet some visitors Phi. Bec, don't scare them!" Irin  warned before walking off.

Freen's friend keep on clearing their throat obviously teasing the both of them but both girls were so distant to notice it, so they keep on doing it again and again.

"Do you want water?" Freen innocently asked.

"No thanks." Nam.

"We're fine Freen don't worry." Kade.

Freen nodded and focus on roaming her eyes on the area. Becky on the other hand look stiff as Freen and her knees are touching the each other under the table making her breathe become ragid as they avoided looking straight on each other's eyes.

"Can I sit here Freen?" Nam suddenly blurted out occupying the chair beside Freen but Freen was quick enough to block Freen from sitting.

"Aww!" Becky yelped when Freen's heel dip into her foot.

"I'm okay, don't worry." Becky replied but  the truth  is it's so painful.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry Becky! I didn't mean to! Nam—"

"What?"

"It's ur fault!" Freen nag.

"It's fine Freen i'm okay." She insisted so Freen nodded in response.

They all fell into silence again, none them wanted to speak and all Freen do was avoid Becky's eyes as she look around.

Becky was trying her best to structure how she can talk to Freen when someone new arrived.

It's not their friend.

Nor workmate.

It's someone new.

It has the same dress as Becky as what the saleslady told me that she saw Freen.

And it's killing Becky how Freen smile brightly when that woman arrived.

She was older than Becky but her ethereal beauty is so pure. Becky look at Freen and find out Freen was staring intently at the girl.

"Freen Sarocha and Loverukk Patrinitte. What's your real score?"

:Hey guys, short update for tonight. I'm so sleep so goodnight 🤍

:⁠-Petalpage