Chapter 14

"She is already stable. She's just experiencing rapid colds under the rain but she is already okay. Just let her rest for a bit and she's good to go again."

"When will she be discharged?"

"Probably a day from now."

"Is she really okay? Nothing's wrong with her?"

"No, she's fine ma'am. Just let her rest for a bit. Her body fell because of stress lack of rest. So for the time being let her relax and avoid giving her excessive activities that will trigger her stress."

"Thanks Doc."

"I'll excuse myself ma'am. I'll be back to check on her later."

Chatters of the room is what i've the moment I gained consciousness. My body felt so heavy, my head is throbbing and so does my limbs.

The last thing I remembered is me under the rain crying my heart out and passing out before hearing the voice that called me.

All I could remember was the pain I carried that night that pinch me inch by inch. It's the inevitable sufferings I suffered without anyone knowing about.

Voices in the room started to erupt, I can hear Mom's voice and Freen's. As if they are talking about me who got a communicable disease that can't be cured on the way Freen delivered her words. I can sense worry in it.

Slowly opening my eyes, I started adjusting from the beam of light that slowly invaded my vision. And there I see mom sitting on the couch near  the bed and Freen standing beside me.

"W-where am I?"

As my voice echoed through the room, Freen seems to be so at ease before diving in over to me embracing me into a tight hug. Her face buried in the crook of my neck and her arms draped around my waist. She looks like she's lying on top of me because of our position.

"Oh God, i'm so glad your okay. I'm sorry BB. I'm so sorry." She keep repeating those words as she nuzzled her head against my neck. Her hot breaths send shivers to my spine and the smell of her hair invaded my nostrils.

God, she smells so good.

Just her scent alone gives me peace. She's the warmth I needed everytime and it never fail to make me feel better. The serenity of her face brings another bliss of satisfaction in me. She's a ray of sunshine.

"I miss you." She whispered.  "Please don't do that again. I was so scared the moment Nam called me saying your in the hospital."

I rubbed her back in anticipation before she pulled away.

"If anything happened to you I swear I won't forgive myself Becky."

"Becbec... I'm so glad your awake. What happened? You made us all worry about you." Mom came in the picture walking on the left side of the bed helding my hand in between hers.

I looked at Freen and averted my gaze on Mom. Both of them have worried expression plastered on their faces.

"I'll give you time to talk. I'll be back." And with that Freen walked herself out of the room giving me and my mother the privacy we needed.

She's not usually like this, she don't leave when me and mom talked, unless she knows it is something we need to settle and I need to voice out. And I know she knows that something is bugging inside me.

"Becky?"

"Yes?"

"What happened back there? Why did you walked yourself in the rain? Nam said you were completely drench and shivering under the cold weather when she saw you. What happened baby?"

Shutting my eyes close. I recall the moment and the reason why I drench myself in the rain. I recalled the time came pick Freen up and make me get myself a taxi to go home. I was in a lot of pain, and all I could do is cry and let my heart feel numb with the aching I am experiencing.

"Bec, you know you can talk to me if something's bothering you right? Now tell me what happened baby."

"........"

"Becky, if you keep on bottling up your emotions you'll be the one to suffer with that. Share it to me and I will help you carry it, let me in baby.  I am your mother, and I am much more willing to listen to you, I would never judge you, I will be here to lift you up on the fall. Please don't shut me out."

Silence...

"We're here for you Becky. Let me hear what's inside you."

I shut my eyes tight. The pain I am feeling right now is a different kind of pain.

How can we mend a heart that bleeds from something someone isn't aware that they did it? How can we share this to other people when we know that what we are feeling is not helding anyone capable of making us feel this way.

I fall for Freen myself and Freen clarified that she don't feel the same.

Or did she? But she didn't say anything after I confessed to her right?

But the fact that she has a boyfriend makes it clear for me.  I don't stand a chance.

Opening my eyes. I was met with a black round sparkling pupils who Mom had piercing over mine. She look at me so lovingly as if she is trying to read my mind.

And again, I heave a deep sigh before looking at her again.

"Mom? Can I go back to England?"

:Hey guys, i'm sorry for the long delayed updates. I am so busy and my classes starts at 8AM and ends at 8PM to so I am so caught up with the new adjustments at school and the college life and making friends is harder than I thought but I am giving it a shot to try and be friend with everyone. I'm gonna update later this afternoon before going to school so you would not be left a little hanging in there. Hope everyone's doing good and stay safe na ka. Love you 🤍

:⁠-Petalpage