Chapter 22

Freen

It's been four years since Becky left. Four years of agony, of pain, of sadness, of empty spaces where Becky used to lie. Four years of battling my own battles without any anchor to lift me up, well there is... But nothing seems to work. Because it is not Becky.

It's been four years since since she flew back to England. Four years since the memory of us is buried as a picture we can both go through but will never have again.

I let her go.

I set her free.

I let her go without knowing that all she wanted me to do is fight for her.

I set her free without thinking that she win me over again and again. Even if is just her assumptions, even if it's just for work. Even if her love was never been requited.

I let her lose, without even trying to win her over just like what she did to me.

And now I lost the best thing that I ever once have and will never have again.

Flashback Four Years Ago

I woke up with a heavy throbbing of my head making me feel like it's gonna break any minute. Standing on my feet, I squint my eyes to adjust on the light invading my vision.

God! I hate this! What even happened last night? My head is throbbing.

I murmured trying to recall the scenes from last night.

Becky dancing with Friend.

Me getting angry.

Me dancing.

Seng getting heated.

Becky pulling me out.

Becky sending me home.

Oh God! I'm so screwed what did I do!

I slump myself back on my bed scolding myself for being careless enough to let Becky take care of me instead of the other way around. My phone suddenly rang and that's when I noticed I am bombarded with a lot of messages from all the cast of Gap and from Richie.

What the hell is happening?

I picked up the call only to be welcomed by a yell from the other side making me pull away a little.

"FREEN SAROCHA CHANKIMHA! WHERE ARE YOU? WE'VE BEEN CALLING YOU FOR ALMOST AN HOUR NOW? WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DO YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT BECKY? STOP BANGING YOUR BOYFRIEND AND FUCKING COME HERE SAROCHA IF YOU WANTED TO TALK! YOU DIDN'T EVEN PICK UP YOUR PHONE MAKING ALL OF US LOOK STUPID WAITING FOR A PARTICULAR FREEN TO WALK IN THIS AIRPORT TO SEND OF BECKY!"

My hearing seems so deafen the moment she mentioned send off. My heart is beating rapidly and I don't even know how to control my emotions as I am confused on what's happening.

"What do you mean send off?" I asked.

"Fuck it Sarocha! You didn't even know? You didn't even notice that this days Becky is miserable thinking if she should go or not? You didn't even notice that Becky is asking for a signs on you to hold on to something that will hold her back from leaving! But you and your stupid choices put Becky in this point that she needed to leave to heal from you! And now she's gone!"

"W-where i-is s-she Nam?" My voice started to crack. This can't be happening. Becky won't leave me.

"She's gone Freen! She already left. She was waiting for you to show up here but you didn't."