Chapter 8

**NICKI POV**

I sat in my office, working late and extremely frustrated. I leaned back in my chair and stared at the computer screen.

Someone knocked at the door.

I glanced at the piles of work I still needed to do.

"Come in." I called.

"Hey," Aubrey smiled walking in.

"Hey" I smiled back.

He looked around at my work and scratched the back of his neck.

"You do that a lot." I observed, sitting back in my chair.

"Oh..yeah" he seemed a little embarassed as he stopped and put his hand in his pocket.

I discreetly rolled my eyes and went back to work.

"Do you like, want any help or something?" He offered.

"Why are you still here? Its late you should be getting some extra sleep for tomorrow." I brushed away his offer. I'm so sick of him trying to make this more than what it is.

"You never replied to my messages."

"I never checked your messages."

"How can I fix this Nic?" he pleaded sitting in the chair the unprofessional way that most men do.

I cringed, "Why does this mean so much?" I asked myself.

"Because I love you." He replied.

"How? You don't even know me! We just met, we are BUSINESS partners not lovers. We're not meant to go on dates and for me to spend the night at your house." I didn't realize the tears falling from my eyes until he kissed me. I struggled to pull away but he just pushed further with my every effort.

"Please stop doing that." I said trying to catch my breath after the kiss.

"I can't help it." he smirked and pecked my cheek.

I stood and stepped away from him.

"When are you guys heading back?" I tried to change the subject.

"A few weeks why?" he stepped closer so I staggered back once again.

"I'm sorry but you are making me really uncomfortable in my own office so I'm gonna have to askyou to leave." I adjusted my dress as I spoke with a more professional tone.

"Onika, please just give me another chance. I promise we can keep it strictly outside of work." he grabbed my waist and pulled me close.

I started crying, afraid he was going to kiss me again.

"Why do you do that?" he asked.

"Do what?" I blinked away some tears.

"Cry when I touch you."

"Because you're doing this against my will and its the only thing that keeps me from screaming and hurting you." I admitted.

"I hate seeing you cry but I cant help but to..." He kissed me and pinned me against the wall. The tears flowed like waterfalls down my cheeks, I couldn't stop it.

I bit his tongue, kinda hard. I released and he pulled away. We looked at eachother with wide eyes, I covered my mouth in shock, he covered his mouth in pain.

I shook away the shock and told myself that what I did was right. I readjusted my dress once more and cleared my throat, "See you tomorrow Mr. Graham?"

He nodded and left.

That should hold him off for a while.

More Than BusinessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara