Chapter 34

Drake POV

At the office Lydia was sitting at her desk with Liyah right beside her, both diligently working. OJ was asleep in a chair.

"Morning." I cleared my throat.

Lydia looked up and smiled at Nic, offering her a coffee and brown paper bag. "Good morning Nika, how are you feeling?"

"Pretty well." Nic answered.

I escorted Nic into my office then Lydia called me Nic's office.

"What?" I asked, figuring she was gonna give me a hard time.

"How'd it go?" She asked.

"How did what go?"

"A little birdie told me you were super sweet and gentle last night and this morning." She rolled her tongue.

"Oh?" I wondered when Nic had time to talk to her this morning.

"Thank you." She said softly.

"For?"

"Taking care of her, and being patient with her." She expressed. "She means a lot to me, and I just don't want her to get hurt."

"Don't worry, I won't hurt her." I assured her.

"I know you won't." She stated. "I believe that you are probably the only person in the world who can ALMOST love and care for her as much as I do."

"I can't argue with that."

We hugged.

"I'm still going to give you a hard time though." She warned, "I just don't want you to think I really disapprove of your relationship."

"I don't follow.." I responded as we broke away from the hug.

She put her hand on her hip, "I'm on your side for Nic's benefit. I know you're a good guy. So don't take offense when I tease you. Okay?"

"Okay. So we're friends?"

"Sure.." She shrugged.

"Good can I say something?" I asked.

"No." She said sarcastically.

I took a deep breath, and a grin grew on her face.

"I'm kidding, I'm all ears." She said, "is it something serious?"

"Yeah kinda."

She sat down, "okay shoot."

"What you did yesterday was inappropriate and I would appreciate if you would stop doing things like that." I stated.

She sighed, "I had several reasons for why I did that."

"Explain."

"Fine." She crossed her arms, "One: I wanted to tease you, in order to inspire you to widen your boundaries. Two: when you get further in your relationship you will start to notice when she needs small things like that."

"Okay. Just don't do it again."

"It was a one time thing." She defended.

"Okay."

"I wouldn't continuously take advantage of her." She said apologetically.

"Thanks."

"So.. You gonna tell me about last night?" She winked.

"I don't know.. Ask Nicki." I shrugged.

"Fine." She accepted.

Nicki POV