Chapter 18

**NICKI POV**

"You and Lydia?" He tensed up.

"Yes" The tears fell more as I pulled away from him.

"How could you be with me while you're with her?" he asked, "wasnt she the main one getting us together?"

I took a few deep breaths trying to calm myself down.

"Can I explain?"

"Go ahead."

"You're just gonna hate me more. Nevermind" I shook my head.

"Onika I fell in love with you!" he cried, "but I was just some sick game for you two huh?"

"Aubrey please.."

"What do you need to say?"

"Im sorry it started off as that but I really fell in love with you." I confessed, "When I tried to get out of it Lydia kept forcing me to keep it going. When I felt myself falling in love I tried get out of it, I didnt wanna hurt you."

I stumbled over to the wall.

"You didnt wanna hurt me?"

I shook my head.

"Then why did you?"

"I-" I began but was cut off when the office door opened.

"Whats wrong?" Lydia entered and immediately rushed to my aid.

"I told him." I replied.

"Why would you tell him this early?"

"Lydia I'm not fit to play these games. Its just not who I am, I don't know how to ignore people's feelings." I took a deep breath.

"Can we have a moment alone please?" Lydia said to Drake.

**DRAKE POV**

As I walked out of the office I overheard the rest of their conversation.

"Did you at least sign the deal?"

"I couldn't do that to him. He's too sweet and charismatic and..."

"Onika what the hell?"

"I didn't think I'd fall for him, but when I got to know him I couldn't help but.."

"What are you saying? Do you hear yourself?"

I closed the office the door and walked to my desk. I should've known..

Later that day there was a soft knock on the door.

"Come in"

The door creaked open slowly.

"Hi" her little voice was still teary.

"Hey"

"I know you hate me now.."

"I don't hate you."

"Well you're the only one who doesn't then." she pouted and sat in the chair across the room. "Even I hate me right now."

"I just dont get it.. You're so self reliant and independent, I can't see how you would let her manipulate you like that." I explained " I'm disappointed."

For the first time ever, I saw her slouch down in the chair. She buried her face in her hands and I watched her hold back tears.

I could tell how upset she was and mentally forgave her.

I walked to her and she looked up at me with teary eyes.

"What do you want out of this?" I asked, touching her chin.

"I dont know." she sobbed as the tears fell.

"Stop crying."

"I can't." she got up and walked out.

**NICKI POV**

I locked my office door and laid across the couch. I have no one.

Usually when I'm upset Lydia would be here for me, I could lay across her lap and vent. Or sometimes she would just hold me close. But I can't face her, she started this whole mess and I fell for it.

I let the tears fall silently until a little voice reminded me I can never be all alone.

"Mommy are you sad?" OJ appeared in front of me with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Why are you sad?" he asked.

"Mommy made an uh oh." I replied.

"Don't be sad mommy." he made an attempt to wipe my tears with the back of his hand before kissing me.

"Thank you OJ." I smiled, "can you give mommy a hug?"

He smiled and hugged me. I pulled him onto the couch with me.

"Mommy need extra cuddles?" he asked.

"Yeah. You gonna take care of mommy?" I kissed the top of his head.

"Yup." he laid his head on my breasts and I rested my chin atop his head.

"I love you OJ"

"I love you mommy."

QOTD: where y'all from?

AOTD: Phillyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ayee lol hometown of Meek Mill, Will Smith, Eve, etc..... Lol