Chapter 29

Drake POV

I woke up in Nic's bed, she was dressed already with her back towards me.

"Good morning" she said without looking at me. I realized she was putting on makeup.

"Good morning." I groaned, getting up.

"I'm getting ready to head out now. You can meet me there if you want." She said standing up.

"Uhh sure." I replied.

NICKI POV

At the office, Lydia had came in by the time I got my email open on the computer.

"Morning!" She sang, entering my office with coffee and breakfast.

"Morning." I smiled.

"Where's lover boy?" She teased.

"He was just getting up, he should be here soon I guess."

"Oh okay." She turned to leave.

"Can you stay for a little?" I asked.

"Everything okay?" She turned to me.

"I-I just wanna talk." We met eachother on the couch, she laid down and I positioned myself in her arms.

"What's getting you all worked up this morning?" She asked.

"A lot of things are changing lately." I began.

"Change is good."

"We aren't together anymore." I listed, "Now I'm with Drake. Its not just you and I on this floor in the office anymore, Vanessa and Drake are up here too."

"You've listed all things that were totally in your control and they were all very smart decisions that you made Nika." She ran her fingers through my hair.

"And now with everyone in the office knowing..."

"About you?" She finished.

"Yeah, its weird. I just feel like I'm not as prominent anymore, like no one can take me seriously." I vented.

"Stop worrying so much about the rest of them. You own this business whether they take you seriously or not. You have power, money, and beauty. If you need to get back up on your high horse and show them that then so be it. Unless it becomes that serious Nic, I think you'll be fine." She kissed my forehead.

"Yeah, you're right." I agreed, laying my head back.

We chilled there for a little while.

There was a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I called out.

"Drake." He replied on the other side.

DRAKE POV

I entered Nic's office and she was laying in Lydia's arms on the couch. I was a little on edge, especially after last nights events between the two of them. But I didn't want to come off as the jealous jerk that broke them up and pushed them apart.

I think Lydia may have noticed my disposition, she removed her arms from around Nic and stood up.

"Morning." She said to me.

"Good morning." I replied.

Nic's office phone rang. Nic got up to get it.

While she was on the phone Lydia stepped to me, "I don't know what you take me for, but Ima need that glare you keep giving me to stop."

"What?"

"I agreed to help you with her, don't make me take her back."

"Everything okay?" Nic interrupted.

Lydia turned to her, "yeah, who was on the phone."

"Oh okay, well I have a rescheduled meeting right now so I'll be back in an hour or so.. Hopefully." She explained.

"Oh well, hurry hurry." Lydia handed her a brown paper bag and a coffee as she left. Once Nic was gone she turned to me, "you wanna start now?"

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Alright. " she sat on the end of the couch and I sat on the other end. "Do you have like questions I can answer first?"

"Umm yeah I think."

"Okay shoot." She said.

"So like.. When she has her breakdowns and stuff, like when she's upset-"

"Her episodes yeah?" She interrupted.

"What do I do or say to calm her down."

"Well it depends I guess. Like sometimes she gets worked up over nothing at all and sometimes it is something. Most likely just hold her." She explained. "Whenever something is bothering her, she can usually catch it before she has an episode. She'll ask to talk, all you do is mirror what she says to you. If its an insecurity issue, just turn around what she says and give her the brighter side of things, just be sure to stay subtle about it."

"Okay."

"This week will be a little rough on her, because she will be on her period starting tomorrow night." She added.

"Oh yeah. So what do I do again?"

"The purple gift I gave her has the things she usually craves. I will drop off the icecream tonight." She explained, "basically this week you need to baby her. She usually has 2 bowls of icecream a day. You have to feed her because she will be too miserable to move."

"Okay, I can handle that." I noted.

"If you're gonna be with her you need to be really patient and supportive." She summed up.

"One more thing," I paused.

"Yeah?"

I took a moment to gather my words, "who left her?"

She hesitated to answer, her head dropped and she sighed. By the time she lifted her head and prepared to speak the door opened.

"Oh you two are still in here." Nic stated as she entered.

"Oh yeah.." Lydia smiled, fixing her demeanor. "How was the meeting?"

"It went pretty well." She sighed sitting in her chair. "I have to stay late tonight.."

That night everyone was getting ready to leave. I went into Nic's office.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," she replied, "are you and Liyah leaving?"

"Yeah I promised her she and I could go out for dinner tonight." I sighed, "I'll meet you at your place afterwards though."

"Okay, you two have fun." She smiled.

"Is Lydia staying with you?"

"No, she has a surprise party to attend." She said less enthusiastically.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Nic called out.

"Vanessa."

"Come in!" She called.

Vanessa entered.

"Hey." Nic smiled up at her.

"Hey, I just talked to Lydia. She says you might need some company for tonight." She walked over to us.

"Did she?"

"If you want I could stick around." Vanessa offered.

"Really?"

"Yeah of course! What are friends for?" Vanessa hugged her.

QOTD: Ima start updating more often. What stories have I forgotten about?

AOTD: definitely gonna do "Fighting for Her" and maybe "Silence" today.