Chapter 77

NICKI POV

"Can we stop fighting all the time?" I asked Aubrey.

"Relationships aren't that easy." he replied.

I shook my head, "but it doesn't have to be so hard either... we fight about the same thing all the time."

He proceeded to massage my stomach and thigh as we spoke, "Are you ever gonna tell me why you leaving the hospital tonight pissed Lydia off so much?"

"Well I said once we were home.. in bed together." I said softly.

"and here we are." he noted.

"Fine.. but she can't know that I told you, so just don't mention it okay?" I made him promise.

He nodded and continued the massage throughout the explanation.

"Lydia's father had a seizure.. soon after she and I graduated college. He fell and hit his head, which killed him." I explained.

"That explains why when she found out, she told me it was a good thing I caught you or else you wouldn't have made it." he concluded.

"yeah.. can we talk about something different now?" I bit my lip.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Okay.. I have a question." I introduced.

"I'm listening."

"Okay. On a scale of 1-10, what are the chances of my fiancé having sex with me tonight?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

He exhaled.

"Aubreyyy" I groaned, "I haven't had sex in MONTHS."

"I know Nic, neither have I." he replied. "I don't want anything to happen to your head"

"Then don't make me bang my head." I reasoned, then caressed his hands, "We can go slow... babe please?"

He shook his head after contemplating, "I think I've made enough life-threatening decisions for you today, for the sake of your happiness."

"Neither situation is life-threatening okay? I'm not going to die just because I'm home and not stuck in a hospital with like a thousand sick and diseased people." I argued.

"I think you need to rest." he said calmly.

"I'm not trying to be difficult."

"I know Nic." He touched my face understandingly, "I love you babe, and I just want you to get better as soon as possible." he kissed my forehead.

"I know I know.. I'm sorry. I've been a little selfish today." I apologized.

"How about this, I can go get Allison for you.. I know you said you really missed them." he offered, sitting up.

I smiled, "I'd love that."

AUBREY POV

I left, and walked to the nursery. I thought the babies would've been asleep, but they each looked up at me as I walked past their cribs. I'd missed them too. I picked one of the boys up, I couldn't really tell them apart yet. I sat in the rocking chair and cradled him, rocking gently.