Chapter 25

Lydia POV

Drake peeked out of Nic's office, "Lydia, Nic needs you."

I followed him inside to find Nicki crying into her hands.

"Nic do you want me to tell him?" I asked her softly.

"No"

"Tell me what?" Drake asked.

"Nic if we don't tell him he is going to get worried." I explained.

"I don't want his sympathy." She shook her head.

"Is there something wrong?" Drake asked.

"Yes," Nic scowled.

"No." I corrected, "Nic its not the end of the world.. You cant help it."

"Fine... Tell him." She looked up for the first time and began drying her tears.

I pulled her into my lap and she laid her head on my chest while I explained everything to Drake.

By then Nicki had calmed herself down.

"Nic you could have told me." Drake said softly.

"No no no. I don't want sympathy." She stood up.

"Okay." Drake stepped back, he looked at me for help.

I pulled Nic back into my lap and whispered in her ear, "He has to know these things so that he'll know how to respond in the future. He is just trying to tell you that he's here for you. He really loves you." I caught a glimpse of Drake and winked at him. "Go hug him, let him hold you for a moment."

I stood her up and she stared at him, biting her lip. I was hoping she wouldn't let her anxiety get the best of her.

Drake started to say something but I put my finger to my lips and motioned for him to just wait.

Nic slowly approached him and laid her head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

They looked kinda cute together.
Did I wish it was me she was hugging instead? Yes of course.

But I know I did the right thing.

I quietly slipped out the office and found Aaliyah playing with OJ.

"Hey can you run to the cafeteria and get Nic a cup of coffee, bottled water, a chocolate bar, and a sandwich." I asked her, pulling money out of my purse.

"Uh yeah sure." Aaliyah replied standing up. "Oh that lady over there came to see Nic." She pointed over to a woman sitting in the corner.

"Are you the new intern?" I asked.

"Yes!" She said cheerfully.

"Okay umm.. Follow Aaliyah for right now until Ms. Maraj is ready for you." I instructed. I watched them leave before going over to OJ.

"Hey baby boy." I smiled.

"Hi mama" he smiled back.

"Your smile always makes my day." I kissed his cheek.

"Mama im give you a kiss." He said.