Chapter 37

Not sure whether or not yall actually wanted to hear the beginnings of Nic and Lydia or not lol. Especially since most of yall seem to hate her 😜

NICKI POV

"Its getting late." I sighed.

"You need a ride home?"

"No, I should be fine." I replied, throwing on my jacket.

"Alright babe I love you." He pecked my lips.

"Love you too." I smiled "see you tomorrow."

He opened my car door for me.

"Wait, what do you want for dinner tomorrow?" I asked after I got in.

"Surprise me" he said as he closed the door.

I waited until he started his car before I pulled off.

Lydia was awake when I got home.

"You left me with these people." She joked.

"Sorry." I replied as I began to strip.

"Hows Drake taking all of this?"

"Honestly, he's more concerned with Omarion than he is with you." I replied.

"As he should. I dont know why he feels threatened by me. All I've done was make yall little relationship happen and councel both of yall through it." She stated.

I thought about it for a moment, "hmm. You're right."

The next morning I woke up early and left for work. Everyone was asleep except OJ so I brought him with me. I put a post-it note on Lydia's phone letting her know OJ and I were at the office.

Drake met me there, holding 2 coffees and a brown paper bag.

"Morning" I smiled.

"Morning." He hugged me.

Drake POV

"You look amazing," I said as we pulled away from the hug, "as always."

"Thanks babe." She kissed my cheek.

"Thanks again for last night." She added.

"Anytime babe." I replied.

"You do realize that I'm aware of.. How much effort it takes to be with me, right?" She squinted at me.

She must have sensed my confusion, "I mean like.. I understand that since I'm ... Different there's more precaution for you to take."

I nodded.

"I love how much it means to you that everything is perfect for me, but honestly don't break your neck trying to ask Lydia about every little thing. If you make a mistake, I won't die, and it won't make me love you any less." She cupped my face with her hands.

"I know I know."

"I just want you to be real with me. If real means I'm upset over something small then so be it. We'll get over it." she explained.

"I understand." I put my arm around her.

She laid her head on my shoulder.

"Do you-" she began but stopped herself.

"Do I... What?" I asked.

She sighed, "do you think there's like.. A chance I could... Become normal?"

"You are normal." I assured her.

"No, you don't get it." she pulled away from me.

"Then explain it to me." I grabbed her arm.