Chapter 106

LYDIA POV

I knocked on Nic's door, she had gotten home before me since I had some things to do on my way.

"Hey." she opened the door, "Why'd you knock?"

"Curtesy." I gave her smile. "Now, you gonna let me in.. or should I wait in the car?"

"Hmm.." she pretended to think about it, "I guess you can come in."

"So.. where's my fav?" I asked once inside.

"I'm right here." She joked.

"My OTHER fav." I rolled my eyes.

"Believe it or not, he got Aaliyah to play in the mud with him.. So now he is taking a bath. I figured it was impolite to send you off with a filthy child." She explained.

"Well, since we have time.. you wanna share what happe-"

"Babee.. As much as I want to, I have to talk to Aubrey first. I will tell you of course, I don't keep anything from you." she assures me, "You can also ask your girlfriend."

"Wait why was that last part so snarky?"

"You want some wine?" she offered.

"No I'm fine." I denied.

"I've never had something.. that I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't. And now I'm having a hard time making this- not awkward." she admitted.

"I've never had something.. that I wanted to know, but you couldn't tell me about.. So, I guess we're in the same boat." I nodded slowly.

"Do you think it would be so bad if I told you first?" she bit her lip.

I took a deep breath, "No, but you know I support your relationship very much and I think that Aubrey might prefer if you talked to him about whatever it is first."

She inhaled, "Okay.. you're right... Good, we can.."

"Where are the triplets? Are they sleeping?" I found a way to alter the conversation.

"Not yet. Aubrey should be just about finished changing them and getting them in their pajamas. I'm gonna start feeding them in about 10 to 15 minutes." She explained.

"So we can play with them for a bit before I go?"

We ended up upstairs on the rug in the nursery with the triplets on the floor in front of us while Aubrey went to make a bottle.

"You make perfect babies Onika." I told her as I tickled Oliver's stomach.

"I remember how scared I was to have triplets, because you know.. thats a lot, 3 babies plus OJ and Liyah." she reminisced. "But I guess I didn't factor in how much help I really had."

"You weren't necessarily afraid of raising them Nika.. well at least not as much. You were more afraid of having them, and you were afraid that you wouldn't have enough love to go around." I corrected.

"Well.. that too."

"But how do you feel now?" I asked.

She paused before answering, "Would it have been easier to just have one? yes. And I still know in my heart I was only willing to have one more kid, not three. But I can't even begin to imagine if I had one of them and not the other two. I love them all too much."

"Mommy!" OJ came running in wearing pajamas. "Hi Mama." he waved when he noticed me.

"Hey Babyboy! You're all clean!" she hugged him, "You're gonna go spend the night with Mama tonight , and I bet she has a very special dinner waiting for you."