Chapter 59

Nicki POV

I went over to his side of the bed and used his thumb to unlock his phone. I quickly set it so that it wouldnt lock again until I pressed the lock button. Then I turned on the shower water on hot.

I checked the medicine cabinet and took out the advil and ibuprofen. I left the boxes in the cabinet but put the actual pills inside of a folded towel in the bottom of the pile in the closet.

Leaving the shower water on, I went downstairs and did a similar thing with the coffee.

I wedged a piece of a twist tie in the side of his phone.. (where you can mute the phone).

I went upstairs and turned the shower water off, by now it was freezing cold.

I went back outside the room and went to youtube on his phone and found a 3 hour long video that was literally and air horn going off. I turned it up, and locked the phone. I repeatedly touched my phone to the home key until it locked him out for a similar time frame. I went in the room and plugged his phone in and laid on my side of the bed as the air horn sounded off.

"Babeee." I tapped him, pretending to sound groggy.

He leaned up a bit and rubbed his head, "huh,"

"What is going on with your phoneee?" I groaned, "its loud as hell."

"I have a headache." He replied and tried to cover his head with a pillow.

I yanked it away, "and you're gonna give me one if you don't cut your phone off!"

"Fine.. can you get me some medicine, and a glass of water to take?" He asked as he grabbed his phone. His eyes weren't open yet. "I'll see whats wrong with my phone."

"Fine." I walked into the bathroom and loudly checked the cabinets, "there's none in here!" I called back.

I walked into his bedroom, " maybe you should take a shower and maybe go get a sprite or something to help the hang over" I offered.

"Yeah okay." He agreed and went into the bathroom. He turned the water on and minutes later returned and laid on the bed.

"That was fast." I stated.

"The water is cold." He groaned.

"Well... lets go downstairs and maybe after some breakfast or something it'll warm up.." I shrugged.

"Yeah okay." He sat up slowly.

We went downstairs and I made myself a cup of coffee. He discovered there were no sprites so he opted to go to the store but couldnt find his keys.

He searched the entire house for them.

I leaned against the wall in the hallway with a coffee cup in one hand, sipping occassionally, and his keys twirling between my fingers.

He walked past as he had given up and saw them.

"Sucks doesn't it?" I scrunched my nose at him.

"What?" He asked.

"You did this to yourself." I snatched away the keys as he had tried to grab them.

"How?"

"Oh, I guess you wouldn't have a clear memory of last night." I said sarcastically.

"Did I do something-?"

"I don't think I've ever been more hurt and offended in my life!" I exclaimed.

"Nic I'm sorry." He attempted.

"Sorry for what? Telling the truth?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What did I even say Nic?" He asked "I can't imagine ever saying anything to you that would drive you to do this. You of all people? The queen of talking everything out."

"Now, last time you were drunk and said some things to me... the next day you were able to remember. So what's different now?"

"Nic don't be like this."

"Figure out what happened last night, and then figure out where we stand. Because if you don't trust being in a relationship with me, then you had no business letting me leave my family for you nor did you have any business bringing me to fucking Canada." I folded my arms and walked away.

I laid on the bed in his guest room with teary eyes but I didn't let any of them fall. I called Lydia on facetime.

"Hey Nic whats up?." She asked right away, I could tell she was in her office.

"Busy?" I asked.

"Never too busy for you." She sipped her coffee, "is everything okay?"

"Not really," I admitted. "But before I deem the situation as a crisis, I wanna wait it out a lil while longer."

"Nic.." she gave me a stern look "did he do something?"

"Can we just talk? I just want to talk about something else for now okay?" I almost let a tear escape.

She inhaled, "okay.. how's Canada?"

"Its pretty nice.. I prefer New York.." I shrugged.

"Well its just 2 more days right?" She reasoned "then you can be back here with all the things you love."

Aubrey knocked on the door.

"Nic can we talk?" He asked.

"You tell me.." I called out.

I looked down at the screen, "talk later babe." I waved bye to her and hung up.

Aubrey entered, he was standoff-ish.

"Nic I was completely out of line last night." He knelt before me on the bed. "There's not enough apologies in the world to make up for it.. but I hope with all my heart that you'll forgive me."

"I want to forgive you." I sighed, "But I can't live with myself knowing that you don't trust me.. that you think less of me BECAUSE of the fact that I left my engagement for you."

"Nic thats not true. I have the same fears you had about me. I don't want to be replaced. I don't want you see someone better than me and leave me for them." He assured me.

"Nothing happened between him and I yesterday. " I exhaled.

"Then what did I see?" He asked.

"You know what you saw."

"And you were fine with him doing that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Of course not." I assured him, "I put him in his place. And I told him that was disrespectful not only to me but to you as well."

"Really?" He took a tentative step towards me.

I nodded.

"Nic I'm sorry.. honestly." He pleaded.

"You tell the truth when you're drunk." I sighed, "you come off as an ass, but you always say what you usually think in your head but never mention aloud."

"Thats not entirely true."

"My question is.." I continued, "when I ask you to find my flaws.. you pretend I have none. Why do you wait until you're ruthless and drunk to tell me these things?"

"You think that I'm too fickled to trust in a serious relationship." I concluded.

"Nic thats not true." He denied.

"Then I want you to come here, look me in my eyes and tell me its not true." I blinked away on coming tears, "you wouldnt lie straight to my face would you?"

QOTD: what story have I forgotten about?

AOTD: ik yall told me Fighting For Her and Trouble Makers lol..

More Than BusinessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara