Chapter 125

NICKI POV

When I got home, the triplets were already asleep, Aubrey was watching TV in the living room.

"Hey babe." I said as I came in the door.

"Hey, how was work?" He asked.

"Busy.. how was your day?" I took my jacket off and hung it on the hook.

"Eh, it was pretty chill. They didn't nap so they were ready for bed early tonight." He faced me. "Did you eat?"

"No, are you down to talk?" I put my purse beside him and straddled his lap.

"Do you wanna grab something to eat first?"

"I'm not really hungry," I kissed his neck.

"Okay, well what did you want to talk about?" His hands roamed my body.

"Depends, do you want the good or the bad first?" I continued to kiss his neck.

"Bad I guess."

I pulled away and sighed, "well, apparently your daughter resents me."

"What makes you think that?" He scrunched his nose.

"She gave Lydia a whole spiel of all the things she hates about me, or that annoys her and how she pretty much thinks I'm full of shit." I paraphrased. "She also feels a little neglected by both of us, since we always have the triplets but she and OJ stay with Lydia."

"I'll talk to her." He replied, there was tension in his voice, I could tell he was pissed.

"No, I'll text her and see if she wants to go out for dinner tomorrow night. Just the two of us, to talk it out."

"No, you're not rewarding her for being disrespectful Nic." He shook his head.

"Its not a reward, but I want to have the chance to be on the same page with her."

"She can talk to you here or at Lydia's. But you are not taking her out."

"Are you telling me?" I touched my chest.

"Consider it a compromise.. if it were up to me, there wouldn't be a 'talk' happening. She'd be grounded until she knows how to act." He looked me in the eye as he spoke.

"You can't force someone to change how they feel."

"She can feel how ever she wants, when she is an adult. But as long as she is still legally a child, and still under our care-"

I couldn't help but giggle slightly at his speech.

"What?" He stopped.

"I just, didn't pin you to be a stricter parent than me. But its kind of really hot, seeing you all worked up and domineering." I confessed, biting my lip as I shifted my position on his lap slightly.

"Oh?"

"Yeah. But I'll accept the compromise, I won't take her out." I pecked his lips, "And I respect your preferred approach to this situation."

"Thanks." His arms snaked around my waist.

"Let me text her before I forget." I pulled away and reached my phone out of my purse. The papers from Lydia were in the way so I handed them to him, "a gift from Lydia, in light of her helping me come to the realization that I was being completely irrational in my objection to teaching the babies French yesterday."

"Really?" He looked at them as I texted Aaliyah.

O: Hey hun, I talked to Lydia.. she told me about your talk you had with her this morning about me. She didn't give me explicit details, why don't you and I do dinner either at Lydia's or over here so we can talk. Let me know ❤️😘