Chapter 23

NICKI POV

"Vanessa do you have my schedule?" I asked as I walked toward my office.

"Am I still supposed to be on top of that?" She asked tentatively.

I stopped and turned towards her, I approached her slowly, "Is that a no?"

"Ms. Nicki-"

"Hey.. Hey.. Take a deep breath, and calm down. You don't have to be so uptight anymore." I coaxed, "I'm not a witch or anything maleficent like that, I'm just another woman."

"Okay"

"Is that a no for the schedule?" I repeated.

"I didn't write it down, but I know it." She explained.

"I like you." I smiled tapping her nose.

She read everything out to me.

"Okay.. One, your brain is incredible. Two, Ima need that written down." I blinked a few times. "Please?"

"Of course. And thank you." She smiled and began writing. "I thought you stay home on Sundays?"

I shrugged, "If I don't work, I become compelled to do other things."

"But there are so many things in the world to do." She explained, handing me my schedule.

She followed me into my office as I got my computer started and pulled out some paperwork.

"You don't get bored with work?" She asked.

"I mean.. What would I do besides work?" I sighed.

"You can hang out with people. Like friends or family." She offered.

I gave her a slight smile and exhaled, "I don't have 'like friends or family' I only have OJ, Lydia, and work."

"Why?"

"I don't exactly have the most amiable personality." I replied.

"I think you're really nice and funny." She complemented.

"Yeah but up until a few days ago I was a bitch to you."

"Well.... But once I got to know you..."

"Yeah but not everyone gets to know me. So I kinda just end up with that reputation of being super bitchy and stuck up." I vented.

She rubbed my back a bit.

"Maybe you just have to show who you truly are more often, so people can get to know you. Its kinda like you're a pineapple." She concluded.

I cocked my head to the side, "how so?"

"Its like you have the spiky exterior but on the inside you're just as likable as the other fruits." She explained.

I giggled a bit.

"Whats so funny?"

"I've never been compared to a pineapple before." I stood, "Thank you though." I hugged her and she hugged back, we hugged for quite a few moments until I heard Lydia clear her throat.

We pulled away and spun around to see Lydia by the door with her arms folded.

"Hey Lydia." Vanessa smiled.

"Can you give us a moment?" Lydia asked.

Vanessa nodded and walked out the room.

"So you like her?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb." She put her hands on her hips.

"Wow," I shook my head.

"Wow what?"

"You're jealous!" I accused.

"Of what? A hug?" She defended.

"I'm still figuring it out, but it has something to do with me going to be with Aubrey and now its making you all sensitive." I thought aloud.

She rolled her eyes.

"Come here." I sat in my chair.

She walked over reluctantly and sat on my lap. I hugged her tight and rubbed her back.

"You'll always be my number one." I assured her.

"I better be."

I kissed her neck and she turned her body so that she was straddling me.

"Damn I'm gonna miss your body." I murmured as I let my hands roam her body.

"I mean, I'll probably be down for a booty call or two.. You know, if Drake is away on business or something." She began to wind her hips.

We cuddled and made out for a minute until someone knocked on the door.

"Shit, get up." I whispered.

"Come onnn cant they wait." She groaned.

"It might be important." I reasoned.

"This might be my last chance to make out with you." She poked out her bottom lip.

I pushed her hair out of her face, "tell you what, I'll make it all up to you tonight for our last night of being together." I winked.

"Ooh" her eyes widened. "I like the sound of that."

"You oughta"

We got up and primped ourselves before I finally opened the door.

"Hey" I smiled at Aubrey.

"Sorry did I interrupt something?" He asked.

"Uh, no we were just discussing some business." I lied.

"Oh business huh?" He teased.

"Yes, nothing more than business." I replied.

"Well uh, I got you a gift." He revealed a big gift bag, "well a few actually."

"Im leaving." Lydia exhaled and stormed out.

"I'm actually gonna head to my office as well." He hugged me, "I'm sorry if I offended Lydia in anyway."

He left.

DRAKE POV

I walked out to see Lydia at her desk. She was obviously upset.

"Hey --" I began but she interrupted me.

"Are you trying to bribe her?" She snapped.

"No I just bought her gifts, thats all." I defended.

"I don't know what she sees in you" she shook her head.

"In me? How about you! You're the one who is selfish and indignant."

"Why are you raising your voice at me?" She stepped towards me.

"I was trying to be nice--"

"Nice? By coming in here, buying my girlfriend gifts... Trying your hardest to take her from me? I don't know how it works in Canada but that's not considered nice here." She rolled her eyes and sat in her chair.

"I didn't even know you two were a thing until recently. You're blaming me because your plan to manipulate me blew up in your face. So technically I'm a lot nicer to you than you were to me."

"I could sit here and argue with you all day, but I'm not. I know the truth, and I actually have work to do." She took a deep breath, "I could fight over her with you for the rest of my life. But I won't, because believe it or not I'm not a selfish bitch. I actually care more about Nika than my own feelings."

"What's going on out here?" I heard Nicki's voice. We both turned to look at her.

QOTD: Okay I don't have one. But I started a new IG page called Whoisniyah . It will include tutorials, tips, advice, singing/dancing/rapping vids, funny skits, etc.. It pretty much depends on the requests and feedback I receive on it. Ima post daily so go follow and please be active.

AOTD: okay also, please follow and share the page with your friends. Comment video ideas for this week. I want to aim for 100 followers this week and I only have 8 :(. Yall finna support or nah? Love yall!