Chapter 104

NICKI POV

Aubrey and I were home getting ready for our double date with Lydia and Anita, where we'd finally talk about what happened.

"Okay what do you think of this dress?" I asked Aubrey, wearing a black dress that was open enough to show my stomach a bit, gave a tasteful abundance of cleavage and hugged my figure perfectly with a slit on both legs.

"Damn... Nic-" he stared me up and down.

"I sketched this dress the day after it happened, and started making it when we got back.. So I thought it was the perfect dress to wear for tonight." I explained.

"You- look.. beyond stunning. Nic, words can't even begin to describe-" he babbled.

I kissed him, causing him to stop talking abruptly.

"Nic, I know its not just the dress.. but I know I feel myself falling in love with you all over again. Like... I feel like I should be proposing to you again."

"Don't bother." I shook my head, "You already know my answer."

"You know.. its weird.." he sighed.

"What?"

"That I've seen your collection for years. And when I met you I was in awe in everything about you, your looks, personality, success and talents. And even though I know that you design everything from scratch and its always phenomenal... I am always just- amazed to see the product." he complimented.

"Well- thanks." I replied, putting on my earrings. "I'm gonna text Lydia and see how far along they are."

"I'm sorry.. I sound stupid don't I?" he apologized.

"Babeee.." I wrapped my arms around his neck, "Stupid would never be the word I'd use to describe you."

"Well-"

"Shh." I kissed him, "A girl could never have too many compliments.. especially from the man I love."

"Tell me... will the man you love be granted the opportunity of tearing this dress off of you later tonight." He asked continuing the kiss and letting his hands roam my body.

"mmm- only if you play nice at dinner." I moaned lightly against his lips.

"I'll try."

At dinner I ended up sitting beside Anita, Lydia and Aubrey sat across from us.

"You look amazing." Anita smiled at me.

"Not like anyone's surprised." Lydia added.

"Thanks you guys." I grinned as we took our seats.

"I say we order some drinks." Aubrey offered.

"I'm just glad we are all able to be here right now." I introduced.

After we ordered drinks, the small talk ceased.. we were pretty silent until after the second round of drinks.

"See.. this is what I didn't want." I put my glass down.

"What?" Lydia asked.

"The whole point in this evening is to prevent this from happening. This awkward tension." I explained.

"Yeah, we know." Anita folded her arms.

"So, can someone please talk?" I begged.

"Okay." Lydia nodded, "Where do we start?"

"I just.. I think we should all be aware of how everyone else is effected by what happened. Start there." I exhaled.

"Can we start with you? Miss mediator.." Anita sipped her wine.