Chapter 117

(DISCLAIMER: the beginning might be a little confusing.. but this Vanessa portion, basically happens a few hours before the call that was mentioned at the end of Chapter 116. So after Vanessa's portion, we'll start back from where we left off. )

VANESSA POV

I had visited my mother yet again to help her decorate her house for Christmas. Even though Nic had been drinking until she passed out every night the past few days, she still wanted me to stay at her house. My mother offered for me stay the night, to save the drive but I denied. I left her house, it was maybe 10pm by then and I had parked down the block.

Just as I finally reached my car and unlocked the doors someone grabbed me. I started to fight back but I was afraid of mistakenly hurting the baby so I just froze.

"What do you want from me?" I asked amidst oncoming tears.

They slid a cold sharp object beneath my jacket and I felt it touch the side of my abdomen.

"P-please don't hurt me.. I'm pregnant" I confessed.

Their breath ceased and the knife was removed, "What?"

"I-I'm pregnant."

"Is it.." he touched my stomach and I realized who he was. "Are you keeping it?"

"Of course I'm keeping it." I replied.

He loosed his grip and turned me to face him, he removed his hat and stared me in the eyes. "This probably sounds s-stupid but, if it needs anything I can-"

"You want to be apart of my child's life?" I asked him.

He nodded, "I swear, the one thing I could never be is dead beat dad. I grew up without one, that shit is tough."

I smiled slightly, "Are you good with kids?"

"I- I think so. But I'll read all the books.. don't worry. I know it sounds crazy as shit but- I've always wanted a son, or a daughter. I-" he stammered.

"You're gonna teach our son how to rape women?" I raised my eyebrows.

"No.. I- of course not." his eyes widened.

I cracked a smile, "It was a one time thing right? You saw an opportunity and you took it."

"I am sorry. I acted out of anger, bitterness and stupidity."

I clicked my tongue, "Why don't.. you give me your number, and name too at least.. and I can call you in the morning, we'll get coffee and figure out a way to make this work without being weird."

"Yeah.." he nodded.

I pulled out a paper and pen from my purse, "maybe your address or something too. If you're gonna have the baby for some time, I'd like to know where you two are.. in case of emergencies. Plus, its not entirely fair that you know so much more about me."

"Yeah okay." he wrote down his address, name and number.

"Thanks, here.. let me call you so you have my number. In case you want to contact me first tomorrow." I dialed his number and waited for his phone to ring. "perfect." I smiled.

"Yeah."

"Well- uh Andy- Im gonna get some sleep.. but it was nice, actually meeting you." I shook his hand.

"Thanks again, for understanding." he nodded.

I got in the car and pulled off, I ended up driving to the police station and luckily the detective on my case was just about to leave.

"Here." I shoved the paper in his hand.

"What is this?"

"I had to use a lot of high school level acting skills to do YOUR job. But this, is the information you couldn't seem to acquire on your own." I rolled my eyes.