Chapter 42

NICKI POV

I got to the office and called Lydia almost instantly.

"Lydiaaaaaa!!!" I screamed as she answered.

"Whats wrong?" She groaned.

"Nothing I'm just super excited!" I squealed.

"Oh good. I can use some good news. I need to get out of this house the vibe is killing me!" she vented.

"Oh right, Alex and Aubrey.." I said less enthusiastically.

"Yeah yeah. Anyways spill!!"

"Oh yeah! Remember that thing we were working on before Aubrey got here?" I asked.

"The fashion week?"

"Yes!"

"Are you serious!?"

"Yes!!"

"This is BIG Onika!" she exclaimed.

"We're gonna be super busy for the next few weeks. There's so much to do." I explained.

"Okay."

"There's more coming up by the way, so since we've had a lovely unproductive vacation of personal life changes lately, we have to switch back into high gear and actually start working again. You know, like we did back when our only distractions were eachother and OJ." I preached.

"I mean, I can do that. But can you?" she jeered.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm just saying.. Aubrey is gonna wanna take you out, Alex will argue with you, and Liyah is gonna be in your face a lot." she stated, "Your work ethic used to be relentless. I just hope it stays that way.. I'll see you in a few."

She hung up.

I leaned back and my chair and thought about what she said. Maybe she was right, I really need to get my head back in the game.

I read through about 20 emails, taking note of everything I needed to take care of and all of the deadlines. I made notes on restrictions and guidlines for the events, then I marked my calendar.

Just as I was color coding my tasks into multiple folders, there was a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I chimed as I continued working.

"You didnt have anything for breakfast so I grabbed you your usual." Drake revealed a brown paper bag.

I looked up at him and smiled. "Thank youuu"

"You look busy.." He staggered. "Should I go?"

"I mean, you can stay.. I'm just gonna keep working though." I shrugged.

"I talked to Alex." He stated.

"Oh.. Okay." I said, less interested.

"Is it true?" He asked.

"Is what true?"

"What you told her?"

"Aubrey.." I faked a nervous laugh "you have to be more specific. She and I barely speak but our i-"

He cut me off, "are you pregnant?"

I froze.

"She told you that?" I tried to play it off.

"Are you?" He asked.

"She doesn't like me very much huh?"

"Nic.. You need to tell me, I have the right to know." He said sternly.