Chapter 9

Before I start..lol I turned 15 today!! (June 29). So yeah lol a lil hype so when someone just asked me to update this I figured "hey might as well spread the joy!" btw the BET Awards last night??!! Amazing just wished Nic was more involved. #6yearsinarow!! Love you guys and thanks for reading and supporting my stories you will never understand how much of an impact my wattpad account has had on my life this past year and some change. In honor of how much you all have involuntarily helped me I want to remind you that my kik: niyahonfire. Literally feel free to message me on kik or wattpad anytime about anything.
But back to the story since we left off at a rather interesting scene

**DRAKE POV**

I walked out of Nic's office in pain. She bit the life out of my tongue! I got in the car and rested my head in my hands... Just a few weeks to win her over.

At home I tried to make sense of her actions. What should I do to make her stop crying when I touch her?

**NICKI POV**

I stood against the wall and cried some more even after he left. I let my body melt slowly to the ground.

I sat there for a while.

Moments later I crawled to my desk and fumbled around to find my phone.

I dialed Lydia...

L- hello?
N-*takes a deep breath between tears* Lyd...
L- Nic are you alright?
N- mhmm*tries to hold back on coming tears*
L- Nic where are you?
N-*cries into the phone*
L- are you in the office?
N- mhmm *whimpers*
L- is someone there? Im on my way now!
N- Im alone..
L- are you hurt?
N- no
L- whats wrong?
N- He came
L- who??
N-*bursts into tears*

I hung up the phone. I couldn't stand hearing myself crying into it anymore.

All the crying began to give me a headache, ultimately I felt dizzy and felt my body fall to the floor.

The next thing I heard was frantic pants from no other than Lydia.

Her warm hands touched my forehead.

Her voice.. She spoke softly despite the worry in her head.

"I'm taking you home. You need to stop staying so late. Being here alone isn't safe." she ran her fingers through my hair.

I opened my eyes and smiled at her, "don't you worry your petty little head about me."

"You mean pretty?" She corrected.

"No PETTY." I sat up slowly, still a tad dizzy.

"What happened?"

"He keeps kissing me, he wouldnt leave so I bit his tongue." I summarized.

"You bit him, but you called me crying nonstop?" She was obviously confused.

"I-I just dont know." I confessed, "What do I say to him tomorrow?"

"Well I would begin with an apology." She said sarcastically.

"You know what? Go home. I dont evenknow why I called you." I said frustrated.

"You called me because you knew I would come no matter what." she said truthfully.

She cradled me in her lap, "I dont know what to do.." I felt the tears reapproaching.

"My best guess, he will approach you first tomorrow and he will initiate the conversation." she explained, "let him lead the conversation. Eventually you'll find the right words. You're a smart woman, remember that." She kissed my forehead and began walking me out.

"Go home and get some rest. Your brain will function better with rest. I will bring you some breakfast and coffee in the morning." She informed.

"Okay."

At home I lay in bed, before drifting off to sleep I thought to myself a few more weeks to get him to understand that we are just business partners.

The next morning I walked into the office, greeted by Lydia who handed me a bag with a breakfast sandwich and a cup of coffee. I sat by her desk and ate neatly, sure not to ruin my clothes.

"Did you get some sleep?" She asked.

"Yeah. Thanks by the way." I replied.

The elevator doors opened and Aubrey and Aaliyah entered.

"Good morning" Aubrey stated, mainly towards Lydia. He walked to his office leaving Aaliyah behind.

Im sure she knows... I glanced at Lydia, sometimes we can understand eachother without having to speak.

And shes gonna give you hell about it now. She glanced back.

Aaliyah cleared her throat, "you bit him!?"

I swallowed my last bit of sandwich and wiped my mouth.

"I think Im beginning to understand why you're still single! You don't bite potential boyfriends!" she exclaimed.

"Of course I know that. But there is an exception for biting business partners who consistently shove their tongues down your throat." I replied.

I watched as she boiled over with anger.

"Nic can you come into my office please?" Aubrey appeared at the doorway.

I nodded and walked comfidently into his office, regardless of the anxiety and embarrassment I felt within.

He closed the door behind me and stared at me.

"Im taking you out to dinner tonight." he began.

"Aub-"

"No no no. You actually dont have a choice this time. I arranged it with Lydia. We just need to talk thats all."

"About what?

"About this" he grabbed my waist, pulled me close and kissed my cheek down to my neck.

I cried.

He pulled away, "see?"

"Oh." I wiped the tears.

"I wouldve kissed you but... Yeah" he said.

"Sorry about that.."

"Onika I love you."

"Can you stop saying that?" I groaned.

"I love you, I really do." he wrapped his arms around me, I cried into his shoulder.

He rubbed my back, "give me the chance to make it all up to you. Obviously someone has got you thinking something terrible or whatever."

"I-I..." I whimpered, "Okay"

I felt safe in his arms but still couldnt help but cry.