Chapter 22

NICKI POV

Drake and OJ were still sleeping so Lydia and I went downstairs to make breakfast.

"What you wanna make?" I asked her.

She shrugged.

"Okay.... What do you have a taste for?" I reiterated as I grabbed the flour and some other ingredients.

"Mmm.. I wont say it" she giggled.

"You're so childish!" I squealed flicking a pinch of flour at her.

**DRAKE POV**

I woke up to my phone alarm, 6am. I looked around, realizing I had stayed the night at Nic's house.

The room was empty but I could smell pancakes and bacon downstairs. I walked quietly downstairs, at first there was a lot of giggling going on but it soon became low whispers so I decided to listen in.

"He obviously really likes you." Lydia said.

"He said he loves me." Nicki replied.

"Do you want to be with him?"

Nicki hesitated.

"I do, but..."

"But what?"

"It's hard to imagine not being with you."

"Nicki I love you. I'm madly in love with you. Deep down inside I know that you'll regret not being with him." Lydia explained.

"I know. But I don't want to lose you."

"Babe, I'm not going anywhere. I'll be right outside your office everyday. I will be picking OJ up from school. I'll still be your best friend. I'll be there every step of the way regardless." Lydia coaxed, "but if you choose me over him, he's gonna go back to Canada broken hearted. And you're gonna miss him."

"You're right."

"When are you gonna tell him?"

"Today I guess."

I decided I didn't really want to ruin my own surprise so I went back upstairs.

*NICKI POV*

"Today I guess." I shrugged.

"So soon?" Lydia squeezed my hands slightly.

"I don't know.."

She pressed me against the wall and whispered in my ear, "you should wait until tomorrow and set up something special for him at the office. I want one more day to call you mine."

I nodded as she leaned in and kissed me passionately.

After we had finished making breakfast we set the table.

"Come on, let's get the guys up." I suggested.

"Morning OJ" Lydia whispered, entering his room.

"Morning mama."

I trailed behind, "morning babyboy."

"Morning mommy." he replied.

I picked him up and snuggled him a bit.

"Mama and I made breakfast you ready to eat now?" I asked.

"Mhmm." he wiped his eyes and laid his head on my shoulder.

"You wanna head down with Mama while I see if Mr. Drake is awake yet?"

"Okay." he nodded and reached for Lydia.

I handed him off and left the room.

I walked tentatively into my room, Drake was in bed looking at his phone.