Chapter 139

NICKI POV

I woke up around 8:30 the next morning. The triplets were awake so I changed their diapers and brought them downstairs. I turned on Sesame Street in the livingroom and went to the kitchen to prepare bottles for them. While the bottles heated up, I poured food and water for the puppies who were still asleep laying atop each other. I washed my hands before carrying the bottles to the living room. While they drank their bottles and watched tv, I started making breakfast. By the time I got the ingredients out, Lydia called.

"Hey." I put the phone to my ear.

"Good morning. Can I bring Anita over for the other gift?"

"Yeah sure, what time?"

"Also, OJ wants to stay with you for a bit. And Liyah thinks today would be a good day for another one of those co-parenting meetings." She explained, "everyone is just about waking up and getting ready for the day, so I mean by the time we do breakfast and stuff.. sometime this afternoon?"

"You guys can come do breakfast here. I haven't started making it yet. Aubrey and his mom are still asleep, but the triplets are drinking their bottles. I'll make some tea and hang out with them until you get here." I suggested.

As I spoke, I came across a note on the refrigerator door from Aubrey's mom:
Its clear that this set up doesn't work. I wasn't going to leave knowing the babies needed someone to care for them, but you two made it clear that you have it handled without me. I caught an early flight back home, you know where to find me, and how to contact me. ~ Sandy

"Nic?" Lydia called out on the other line.

"I- Aubrey's mom went back to Canada." I told her.

"What? Why?"

"We got into a fight last night. You know I feel like this weekend has not been the best. As far as relationships and arguments." I stated, "I'm gonna have to start that nanny hunt a lot sooner than I thought."

"You know I'm here if you need me." She offered, "I can help with the search or whatever. And you know that I can and will pick up the slack at work if you need to stay home."

"Thanks, I know." I walked into the living room, "I can't believe that a few months from now, I'll officially be a mother of 6."

"It looks good on you." She told me. "And even though the pregnancy part sucks, all of your kids are beautiful, smart and happy. So that has to feel good as hell babe."

"You're right." I laid on the couch causing the triplets to each find a spot to sit on me or cuddle into me. "I'll start cooking when you guys get here."

"Love you babe, see you in a bit."

"Love you too."

I must've fallen asleep watching Sesame Street because I woke up to Aubrey showing me a picture on his phone of the triplets deeply invested in the show while I laid there asleep.

"Oh good, I'll have something to post." I giggled as he kissed me. "Lydia, Anita and the kids are coming over for breakfast."

"Okay."

"Also, your mom left.. so I guess I'll just take the triplets to work with me this week, and hopefully we'll have a nanny by then."

"You can't do all that lifting in the mornings."

"Right." I groaned, "but thats the only last minute plan that works.."

"Can you stay home?"

"No Aubrey" I frowned my face at him, "I have important meetings this week. Look- wait, I have an idea."