Chapter 57

AUBREY POV

"You chasing her away is only hurting yourself." I informed my mom while Nic and my dad were outside.

"Now why would I chase her away?" She asked, "she was always like a missing child to me."

"What did you say to her this morning?" I asked.

"How well do you really know this woman? I mean I see she has beauty and money of course.. but if she barely says a word how can you even trust that she's not hiding something." She reasoned.

"She doesn't talk to you very much because she is intimidated by you. She doesn't trust easily. But she trusts me, and she tells me everything." I explained.

"She's awfully close with that business partner friend of hers and now days you cant be too sure that just because she's a woman something cant be going on." She babbled.

"You should take the time to get to know her before judging her." I said under my breath.

"But you've gotta admit-"

"Lydia was her only friend throughout the years, the only person who took care of her. Lydia is her ex fiancée and she's the co-parent to Nicki's son OJ." I grabbed a cup and filled it with water.

"And you're fine with-"

"Lydia is the reason why Nicki ever gave me a chance. And she keeps Nic sane when I cant." I drank the water.

"Okay fine."

"In less than 24hours you've managed to drive Nic away. We came because we weren't sure whether or not you two were a necessary asset in our future child's life." I spieled.

"I drove her away?"

"We're leaving tonight. The remainder of our trip will be spent at my house." I informed her as I walked away.

NICKI POV

"You two are pretty serious huh?" Aubrey's dad asked. We were just sitting on the porch together drinking lemonade.

"Yeah.. I guess you can say that."

"I guess he hasn't popped the question yet."

"I don't think I'm ready to marry him." I shook my head.

"Why not? You're planning on having his baby.."

"He's special.. and I want the best for him, I don't want him to be stuck with me if he does find someone better." I confessed.

"You're really damaged." He concluded.

"I know." I nodded, "thats why I think Aubrey can find the perfect, undamaged woman one day."

"He loves you. Rightfully so.. He wasnt nearly this happy with the other one. Theres not a man in the world as happy as he is to be with you." He leaned towards me as he spoke.

"Really?" I asked.

"I'd bet all my money on it."

I cracked a smile.

"So, do you play any cards?" He asked.

I shook my head, "I only know the ones I play with OJ."

"OJ?"

"My son.. he's 4." I stated.

"I'd like to meet him sometime.. if its okay with you." He smiled.

I smiled back, "okay."

"Hey maybe tonight I can teach you a game or two. I know you're one to stay up a little late." He offered.

I started to accept but then I frowned, "we won't be here by then."

His smile faded, "why not? Why so soon?"

"I- its my fault.. I just-"

"You guys heading back to the states?" He asked.

"No, we're just gonna stay at Aubrey's house." I replied. "Maybe you can visit there.. I'd really like to play cards with you."

"Yeah.. if its okay with Aubrey." He nodded, he put his hand on mine.

"Hey, you two okay out here?" Aubrey peeked his head out.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Do you have your phone on you?" He asked.

"Um.. no its upstairs why?" I replied.

"Oh, Lydia said she texted you and you didn't respond. OJ wanted to talk to you." He explained, "here you can call on mine if you want."

He handed me his phone, "2266"

"Thanks babe."

He went back inside.

"I guess you can meet OJ now." I joked.

I facetimed Lydia, she answered almost immediately.

"Hi again!" She waved.

"Hey!" I smiled.

"Is that?" She asked.

"I'm David, Aubrey's father."

"I'm Lydia.. Nic's.. best friend." She introduced.

"And my business partner." I added.

"Hiiiii!" OJ exclaimed giving us a close up on his teeth.

"Hi babyboy!" I smiled.

OJ and David really hit it off. Lydia also seemed to make a good impression on David. I watched his interactions with them and made my decision mentally.

That night while driving to his house I told Aubrey.

"I think I want them in our child's life." I stated.

"Really?"

"Yeah, your father.. he's a great guy. I think he kinda balances everything out.. and OJ loves him." I explained.

"I noticed you two seemed to have gotten close today." He said as he pulled up in front of a house.

"Yeah."

He got out and came around to help me out of the car.

"Hopefully your first night at my house wont be as shitty as my first time at yours." He picked me up.

"For what I have planned, I hope it'll top any night you've had here." I whispered against his neck.

"On that note.." he carried me inside and up the stairs to his bedroom, he threw me on the bed.

Qotd: Yall want this sex scene or nah? Lol

Aotd: 10 comments and I'll post it.. lemme know how long it should be lol full chapter or half.. or less.. or more.. or...