Chapter 64

Aubrey POV

"I can't believe you really invited them here without telling me." Nic scowled.

"Nic, you'll be fine." I replied, "if this doesnt work I promise to let it go."

She exhaled, "fine."

"Lydia is bringing the kids over." I informed.

"Good, I wanted your father to meet OJ anyways." She said slightly more enthusiastically.

Lydia POV

I pulled up in front of Nic's house behind an Uber Black.

"Thats them" Liyah informed me.

"Damn, they're early.." I checked the clock, before refreshing my lipstick.

"They always are." Liyah rolled her eyes.

We got out the car and I put OJ on my hip. I walked them over to where Aubrey's parents were getting out of their Uber.

"Hey, you must be Aubrey's parents." I greeted them with a smile.

"Yes and you are?" His mom raised an eyebrow.

"Lydia Colvin." I replied.

"And my name is OJ." OJ added.

"Hey OJ, your mama told me a lot about you." Aubrey's dad tapped OJ's nose with his finger.

OJ giggled.

"You need help with your bags?" I offered.

I helped them inside, where Aubrey and Nic had been talking apparently.

"Heyy, you've got company." I announced.

They both quickly stood to face us.

"Mommy!" OJ jumped from my arms and ran to her.

"Hey baby boy!" She mirrored his excitement.

"Is the baby still in your tummy?" OJ asked, squinting the way Nic usually would.

"Mhmm." She nodded.

Before she could react, he lifted her shirt to reveal her stomach. He planted several exaggerated kisses all over her stomach and spoke in indecipherable baby-talk.

"Mommy when will the baby come out of your tummy?" He asked.

I could tell Nic was slightly embarrassed, but her focus was on OJ.

She knelt down in front of him, "Well the baby still has some more growing to do.."

She looked up at me.

"OJ I thought you were gonna show me the new picture you put on your wall?" I jumped in.

"Oh yeah." He turned to me.

Nicki mouthed Thank You to me, I winked a response.

Aubrey POV

After Lydia and OJ exited Nicki offered her hand to my mom.

"Nice seeing you two again." She smiled.

"It is nice isn't it?" Mom replied, putting just as much effort as Nic did to pretend to be happy.

"Well I am definitely looking forward to our stay." Dad said as he and Nic hugged.

It was evident that Mom was not too happy about that either.

"We do have some news though." I cleared my throat as I pulled Nic back to me.

"Oh?" Mom raised an eyebrow. "You mean the pregnancy?"