Chapter 105

NICKI POV

I had a lunch date with Anita a few days later to aid in the whole 'getting-to-know-eachother' idea. I primped my hair and makeup before leaving the office. I met her at her house where she had prepared chicken alfredo.

"I- didn't know you cooked." I observed as I sat at the table.

"I love cooking actually."

"Really? Me too." I flashed a smile.

"You know.. I have a really good memory." She informed me as she distributed the food.

"Oh?"

"I remember the night you set Lydia and I up." she stated.

"I was simply being a wingwoman." I joked.

"Well it worked." she giggled.

"I'm glad"

"Do you remember how you did it?"

"Not quite-"

FLASH BACK

"Aubrey and I are going to call it night guys, thanks so much for everything." Onika and Aubrey stood to leave. Nic walked over to Anita and whispered in her ear, "I just wanted to thank you personally."

"I would do it a thousand times over.. plus, you guys made my job easier-" Anita replied.

"I see the way you look at Lydia," Nic's hand trailed up and down Anita's inner thigh, " So tell me, an intelligent and extremely sexy woman like you... wouldn't happen to be available would she?"

"Well, yes." Anita's breathing became short as Nic's roaming hand began to turn her on.

"If you're up to it.. I think you would make a perfect partner for Lydia." Nic kissed her neck gently.

"Really?"

"But promise to play nice.. she's still my heart." Nic pulled away and stared into Anita's eyes.

"I will." Anita nodded.

"Good, have fun." Nic winked before walking away.

"Hmm.. you do have a good memory." I finished my plate.

"Why'd you do it like that?" she asked.

"I mean, I was a little drunk-"

"You flirted." she cut me off.

"So?"

"But you're engaged."

"I flirted.. I didn't sleep with you." I defended.

"You can't just-"

"Aubrey was perfectly fine with it. Its not like I did it as an advance on you, I was helping bring you and Lydia together- As I explained to Aubrey.. he seemed to understand that perfectly fine, why can't you?" I argued.

"What you're saying is, I'm not good enough to be perceived as a threat?" She cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Wha-"

"I'm kidding." she giggled as she stood and began clearing the table. The room was still so tense, that I could tell she wasn't kidding.

"Thats not what I meant." I shook my head.

"What did you mean?" she folded her arms.

"Why does all of this matter? You're dating my best friend, and I am happily engaged." I questioned.