Chapter 115

LYDIA POV

When I got to the office Nic was sifting tirelessly through paperwork.

"Busy morning?" I asked.

"Not in the mood." She continued working.

"Judging by the hair I know you had sex last night, so I know thats not whats bothering you." I observed.

"Are you free for lunch?" she asked, ignoring my statement and continuing to read through the paper she had in her lap.

"yeah, should I make a reservation?"

"That would be awesome. I shall fill you in on everything at lunch." she clicked her pen and looked up at me. She offered me a smile, "Well don't you look cute today."

"I'm assuming you helped make this jacket?" I readjusted the blazer Aaliyah had given me.

"Yeah, a bit. She was really set on doing it herself." she replied.

"You look stunning yourself by the way. Are we liking this piece or..?" I asked, referring to the fact that I had sketched and did the beginnings as far as crafting the one piece she was wearing and we were debating adding it to the line.

"Its really comfortable," she nodded, "I know that was the biggest concern. But I think its perfect, I personally wouldn't change anything. Ask me again at the end of the day."

"Drink some coffee, I dont like seeing you in a bad mood okay?" I handed her a cup of coffee and her usual brown bag with a donut inside.

"Thanks babe. You're a goddess." She made a heart-shape with her hands before I left back out.

I read and annotated emails for about an hour before I saw Vanessa come out of her office.

"Hey." I called out to her.

"Oh.. hey" She stopped in her tracks. Her soft curls were in a fishtail braid, her only eye makeup was her winged liner.

"Are you okay?" I asked, "I heard you were sleeping better the past few days."

"uh yeah. I'm just gonna grab coffee from the cafeteria." she stated.

"Okay." I nodded slowly, noticing the quick glance she gave in the direction of Nic's office before she got on the elevator.

VANESSA POV

In the cafeteria, I ended up browsing a bit to kill time before having to go back up to the top floor to face Nicki and Lydia. Knowing Lydia probably knew about the altercation. I grabbed a parfait and sat a table by myself to eat it.

"Well well well. Look what the cat dragged in." Denise sat across from me. She had showed me around on my first day of interning, we were actually close until I got the promotion. She monitored payroll and attendance, she filtered phone calls throughout the building and trained interns.

"I told you, things didn't change just because I started working here-"

"Look who came out from hiding." Renaldo sat beside me.

"This is why I never come down here anymore." I rolled my eyes as 4 more employees crowded me.

"Did you guys get the email about the staff meeting?" Richard asked.

"Yeah, it says its mandatory." Renaldo replied.

"I wonder who they're gonna fire right before the holidays." Kevin bit into an apple.

"I bet she knows." Karen pointed to me.

"I didn't even know there was a meeting." I defended.

"The email just went out a few minutes ago." Denise took my side. "I'll give her that much."