Chapter 123

NICKI POV

I woke up almost simultaneously with Aubrey the next morning. I watched him stretch as he woke up, yawning before noticing me observing him.

"Morning." He disrupted the silence.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked him.

"Great." He kissed my forehead.

"What time are your plans for today?"

"9ish.. then I should be back this afternoon, and back out tonight."

"Flight's at a 11:45" I reminded him.

"I know, don't worry."

"Can you pack before you go at least? In CASE you run a little late." I requested.

"Would that make you happy?" He teased.

"It would calm my nerves."

"Consider it done."

"Great." I smiled.

We ended up in a slight make out session until he got a text. We pulled away so he could check it.

"Shit its like 8:50." He rolled out of bed.

I stayed in bed and watched him quickly get ready, getting dressed, brushing his teeth and everything before 8:57.

"I think its so unfair that you can get ready, and be perfectly presentable in less than ten minutes." I noted.

"I don't spend 20 minutes on make up." He sprayed on cologne.

"Touché."

"I'm gonna head out." He checked himself out in the mirror.

"Phone." I reminded him as I handed it to him.

"Thanks." He planted a kiss on my lips before leaving out.

Not soon after, Blaire had texted asking if I had plans for the day. When I told her I was staying home with the kids she offered to keep me company and I complied. By the time I got dressed, dressed, fed and changed the triplets and brought them downstairs, Blaire was at the door.

"Hey!" She hugged me.

"Good morning" I greeted her even though it was nearly noon.

"I don't know if you ate or not, but I brought a ton of fruit. I figured we could make a quick fruit salad, and thats something the babies may or may not be able to have some of. But if you're not hungry -" she revealed the pile of bags behind her.

"Fruit salad sounds great! Let me help you with the bags." I interrupted her.

The triplets followed us as we brought the bags into the kitchen.

"Eat!" Ollie pointed to the bags.

"Yeah we're gonna eat the fruit in a bit." I tapped his head. "You guys go play. When the fruit is ready to eat I'll come get you."

I ended up having to walk them into the living room and handing them toys to get them to understand. When I got back to the kitchen, Blaire had emptied the bags and began washing the fruit. I found two cutting boards, a bowl and two knives in the cabinets. I started slicing the strawberries she had already washed.

"Did you guys have fun yesterday?" I asked. "Aubrey seemed to enjoy himself."

"Oh yeah it was fun." She replied, "It was nice having him around again."

"Great. So do you live like nearby or something?" I dumped the sliced strawberries into the bowl. She began cutting into a melon so I went for the apples.