Chapter 35

Lydia POV

"I checked Vanessa's office, she's gone too." I reported to Drake, a little winded.

"Where could she have went?" He sounded worried.

"Relax, I'm sure she's with Vanessa. Most likely either eating ice cream or home." I coaxed.

After Nic had stormed out I talked with Drake and Liyah for a bit. It wasn't until after we talked that we realized Nic had left the actual building.

"Well lets go to her." Drake suggested, grabbing his keys.

"Wait," I paused, "we can't both leave. Who's going to be in charge here?"

"Right." He sighed, "so who goes?"

I looked at the ground, I knew what the right decision was, but it just wasn't the decision I wanted to make. I looked back up and answered, "You go, I'll stay here."

"You sure?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Thanks." He reached to hug me but I pushed him away.

"I'm only doing this because I'll be damned if I left you in charge here." I snapped, this wasn't true.

He smirked and left.

"Your father is annoying." I exclaimed to Liyah, jokingly.

She snickered, "sometimes I wonder if YOU like him a little."

"Sorry honey, I could never go straight." I sang.

"So you're like super gay?" She sat on my desk.

"Umm.. I don't follow."

"You know.. Like-"

"Yeah I have no idea what you mean so let's just get to work." I said changing the subject, "Bottom line, I have no emotional or sexual feelings towards your father. The only relationship we have is business, and the fact that he is dating my ex."

DRAKE POV

When I got to Nic's house I found her asleep in bed, cuddled with Vanessa.

I texted Lydia:

D: hey, she and Vanessa are asleep.

L: aww poor baby

D: you're not helping..

L: lol

D: Come on seriously what do I do?

L: are they in bed?

D: yeah

L: just lay down next to Nic. You'll be there when she wakes up

D: I feel like youre setting me up

L: fine, go with your plan then..

D: i don't have a plan..

L: oh? Lol

D: youre not helping

L: idk! Go cook or something. Look, i gave you advice take it or leave it

D: ok thanks

L: give Nic a hug for me 😌

D: maybe...

I put my phone back in my pocket. I walked over to Nic and gently rubbed her arm. Her skin was so soft.

I stood back up to go find something to cook for them. Before I walked out the door I heard Nickis phone ring. She stirred awake and answered grogily.

Nicki POV

"Hey who is this?" I asked picking up the phone.

"Nicki its Omarion." He replied on the other lane.

N: you havent contacted me in months but youre calling me all of a sudden?

O: i know Nicki I can explain.

N: okay..

O: I stopped talking to you because I got into a serious relationship with a woman and I didnt want a misunderstanding to ruin anything.

N: You? In a serious relationship! Ha yeah sure..

O: we got married 2 months ago

N: congratulations

O: she wants to meet OJ, if thats okay with you and...

N: Lydia.

O: yeah her.

N: she and OJ are out right now but I will discuss with her. Call me back tomorrow.

O: thanks

"Bye." I said before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Someone asked.

I looked up to see Drake in the doorway.

"No one." I shrugged.

"A lot of information was exchanged for it to have been nothing." He stated.

I got out of bed "I have to figure things out first, let me talk it through with Ly-"

"Nic why dont you trust me?" He asked annoyed.

I didnt want to wake Vanessa so I left the room. He followed me to livingroom.

"Drake it doesnt concern you." I whined.

"Nic Just talk to me." He grabbed my wrists.

"Babe, its not that I dont trust you or dont want to tell you. I just dont know for myself what to expect okay?"

He sighed, "can you please just tell me what you do know?" He asked calmly, "at least who it was or something babe."

I sat on the couch, "it was Omarion, OJ's father. He's recently married and wants to bring his wife to meet OJ."

"So you want to talk to Lydia about it first." He collected.

"Yeah but there's one small thing.." I held his hands tightly.

"Yeah?"

"Would you mind if they didn't find out about... us?" I asked tentatively.

"Why?"

I shrugged, "I would rather them think I'm still perfectly gay."

"What do you mean, 'perfectly gay'?" He asked, sounding annoyed. "Is there something imperfect about our relationship?"

I covered my face with my hands, "babe, its just.. I was with Lydia before and I want them to think that its still that way."

He sat beside me, "so your plan is to pretend you and Lydia are still together?"

I nodded, "but if you arent okay with it, its fine."

"Let me think about it." He decided.

QOTD: when is your bday?

AOTD: June 29th :)