Chapter 67

NICKI POV

We opted not to meet the cast ahead of the interview. Instead the stage crew directed us to a dressing room and asked us a few questions. Then had us give them a few photos and what not that we could find on our phones at the moment. They hooked us up with mics and pointed us to a TV screen where we could watch the show up until our cue to head on stage.

"I'm actually kinda bummed we didn't get to meet our guests before-hand" Paula admitted.

"I'm sure there was probable cause." Sunny replied.

"You're on in 5." A crew member whispered to us.

"That being said, our guests for today are two of the most well-known, anonymous women who've agreed to debut their very first public interview.. here on the View." Raven introduced.

"Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome, Lydia Colvin and Onika Maraj." Whoopi concluded.

I held Lydia's hand as we made our entrance. The live crowd who'd been clapping before, were now in an illuminated uproar as we made our way to the cast. The cast themselves were on the verge of flipping out themselves. I felt my cheeks burning as I greeted each of them ahead of Lydia.

"You two look stunning." Candace complimented.

"Are either of you wearing anything from the line?" Sara asked.

"Yeah, actually." I replied. "My accessories are all from the line, and this little one piece could potentially be added this season."

"My dress and shoes are." Lydia replied.

"Do you guys wear clothing from the line often?" Jedediah inquired.

"Yes. Most definitely, I often design my outfits, wear them, then decide if its worth adding to the line. If I'm uninspired or low on time, my wardrobe is primarily from the line." I explained.

"Which one of you is Lydia and which is Onika?" Whoopi asked.

"I'm Lydia. She's Onika." Lydia put her hand on my shoulder.

"Just call me Nicki." I insisted.

They guided us to sit in the chairs between them.

"We're actually going to try something different, and allow members of the audience to come and direct questions to either of you." Joy explained.

"Okay." Lydia agreed.

Several people stood and formulated a line to ask questions.

"Hi Nicki, Hi Lydia." A woman said into the microphone.

"hi." we waved simultaneously.

"So.. your decision to remain unknown, was there something you were hiding that the public shouldn't have known about?" she asked.

"um.. no." Lydia responded.

"So we can expect a recap on what we've missed..?" Paula intervened.

"What like a full back story? Or just the stuff starting with when we started the line?" I squinted.

"We all love a good celebrity back story every now and then." Sara's fingers intertwined in inquisition.

"My back story is kinda basic. But I personally found Nic's to be really inspiring for myself and I'm sure other people would feel the same way." Lydia put me on the spot.

"Well then I want to hear it." Jedediah perked up.

"I think we all do." Raven added.

All eyes were on me, I took a deep breath before speaking.