Chapter 45

Nicki POV

I left the office with Aubrey about an hour early, Lydia had agreed to cover for me so I could get my life together.

"What was it that you called me this morning?" He asked while we were in the car.

"Youve been thinking about that all day, havent you?" I replied.

"Honestly yes."

"All good.. I hope." I shot a smile at him.

"So is that my new nickname?" He asked.

"Only if you like it." I bit my lip.

"Well in that case.. I love it." He put his hand in mine.

"I love you Aubrey." I laid my head on his arm.

"I love you too."

At the house we sat on the couch together.

"You wanted to talk?" He asked.

"Yes." I nodded, "about us."

"Alright."

"I want us, to just be us. You know?" I began, "i mean, I want us to figure out what works and doesn't work for us together."

"I only ever go to Lydia because I want everything to be perfect and the way you like things to be Nic." He defended.

"I know, and I appreciate that. But you're not Lydia, so when you do that it makes it so that I don't get the chance to get to know you. Then I can't figure out what you like and dislike because you're spending too much time being like Lydia was." I explained.

"I told you, Lydia had to learn and figure out all of the things she knows about me. Lydia and I had our ups and downs, we had to grow to become what we ended up being." I continued, "That's what I want with you. I want us to make mistakes, because then we can learn from them. I want us to take the time to get to know each other, instead of you learning everything about me through Lydia and me still not knowing much about you."

"I understand Nic." He held both of my hands.

I kissed him.

He laid me on the couch and deepened the kiss.

We pulled away and stared into each other's eyes.

"See, I learned something already." I joked.

"What'd you learn?" He cocked an eyebrow at me.

"That you love being on top of me." I snickered.

He blushed and looked away in embarrassment.

"But thats a good thing," I pulled his ear to me and whispered, "because I love it when Daddy is on top of me."

I pecked his cheek before he turned to face me.

"And by that?" He asked.

"I think its pretty self explanatory." I smirked.

"You're telling me..."

"Yes. Is it so hard to believe that just because I was a lesbian means I don't love sex as much or maybe even a little more than a straight girl?" I said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"No not that, its just surprising because of you know.. How professional you are." He covered up.

"Mmm.. I clean up well huh?" I grinned.

"So.. What was that about us figuring things out again?" he asked, getting off of me.

"Hey... Why'd you get up?" I whined.