Chapter 102

NICKI POV

The meeting started promptly at 11:30am. Lydia and I had just enough time to get over our hang overs and Aubrey and Anita stayed home with the kids.

"How can we trust that allowing you to take over, won't be a mistake... given your relationship with Aubrey Graham?" I was asked.

"Well, quite simply... Our business have never seen a decline in our numbers, nor have we ever been stagnant for longer than a month. Meanwhile, your numbers have been all over the place." I replied.

"Also, we have a better work ethic than Aubrey," Lydia added, "As you can see through the fact that even with Aubrey as a distraction in New York, our business faired exceedingly well, while Aubrey's suffered."

"Next question." I clicked my pen.

"What are your exact plans for this company?"

"Well, its no secret we've been actively working on a men's edition to our line.. so we were thinking of having this company be that branch." Lydia explained.

"So all of your locations will be mostly men's oriented with a women's section. And our current locations will be vise versa." I added.

"Except we will be making some changes to production." Lydia jumped back in.

"The authenticity of our line, stems from the fact that every piece is handmade by us and worn by us before added to the line." I emphasized. "We are also looking to ensure the quality of the work force here-"

"So you plan on firing a bunch of people?" I was interrupted.

"No, I promise everyone currently employed will remain employed. But we plan to reevaluate each employee to ensure that everyone is in a position that best suits them and the progression of the company." I explained, "In addition, we'll be adjusting payroll and vacation time."

"You're paying us less?"

"No, unless in the reevaluation you seem better fit in a lower paying job.. but even then that will be a gradual deduction, but will only be deducted halfway between your current pay rate and the new payrate." Lydia jumped in.

"Traditionally, we pay more at our company. But thats with the understanding that everyone is working very diligently." I added.

"What does that mean?"

"In plain terms?" I cocked an eyebrow at the panel, "I'm a very generous employer. I pay way above what any other business would offer you for the same position. Except, since the pay rate is so high, if at any point an employee is no longer meeting the requirements, their pay is temporarily deducted to minimum wage and their hours are increased."

"And the vacation days?"

"They are widely negotiable, but only federal holidays are factored in." Lydia stated.

They showered us with more questions and an hour later they had agreed to letting us buy in. With the understanding that Aubrey was not allowed any input or relations with the company, and that there'd be adequate visits between the two bases (Our New York HQ and the now Quebec HQ).

When we got back to the hotel, Anita suggested the four of us go out for drinks to celebrate.

"Aubrey, do you know a good spot?" I asked, allowing him to snake his arms around my waist.

He planted a kiss on my neck, "Yeah its pretty close to here."

He took us to a french bar and grille, the setting was amazing and the food smelled great!

"I should've known it would be a french place." I clicked my tongue, side-eyeing him.

"I don't get it.." I heard Anita whisper to Lydia.